Fourteen

This chapter picks up right where the last ended. It's a long one so get ready! Let me know what you think, leave a comment. xoxo

Louis took one last deep breath, inhaling Harry's cologne, before he broke the hug apart. "I should probably get to class. Admin is gonna be watching me like a hawk now," he said awkwardly.

Harry let go, taking a step back to put some space between them. He cleared his throat. "Yeah, you should go. The bell will be ringing any minute," Harry affirmed, shoving his hands into his pockets. He didn't know what else to say now. He felt really weird.

The bell clanged loudly, signaling the end of one class and the beginning of passing period before the next. Doors opened and kids flooded out into the halls, bustling past Louis and Harry as though they weren't even there.

Louis cracked a smile, backing away. "Glad to see you're not mad at me anymore, Princess," he grinned, turning on his heel and walking off.

"Shut up!" Harry called after him, embarrassed. He was smiling and he didn't even realize it, watching Louis disappear off into the crowd. Man, he really was gone for this boy. He was supposed to be mad at him and he just couldn't be, the grudge couldn't last- which was strange because Harry was usually such a good grudge holder! He wouldn't do anything about his feelings, especially since he still wasn't quite convinced that Louis felt the same way, but at least now he was acknowledging them. I like Louis. Fuck, he thought.

Harry spotted Nick done the hallway and snapped back into reality, leaving his dreamlike state of thinking about Louis. "Hey! Nick!" he shouted, jogging through the bustling swarm of students in pursuit of his ex.

Nick turned to look at Harry over his shoulder, face softening when their eyes met. "Hey Harry," he said with a small smile.

"Nick, what you did back there at the hearing was amazing. I can't thank you enough, really," Harry told him truthfully.

Nick just shrugged. "Liam really crossed a line and I couldn't just turn a blind eye, you know? Whatever. It's behind us," he replied nonchalantly, as if he was just trying to forget the whole thing.

Harry slowly nodded. "Yeah. Well, I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate it," he said softly.

"This is the last time I'm bailing you out, Harry. I'm serious. I hate to see this happening to you. I barely even recognize you anymore. You keep lying for Louis and one day it'll all catch up to you," Nick replied abruptly, a look of pain contorted onto his face. He stormed off past Harry down the hallway.

Those words hung over Harry for the rest of the day.

-

"Louis, Nick's convinced I'm lying too much for you," Harry said.

They were home after their excruciatingly long day at school. Both boys were in Louis' room, sitting side by side on the edge of the pull out bed talking.

"Well, are you?" Louis asked matter-of-factly.

"No!" Harry immediately exclaimed. "I mean, he doesn't know what he's going on about." He fidgeted with his fingers nervously, biting his lip and staring down at his feet.

"For what it's worth, I appreciate that you did. Not many people have taken a chance on me, let alone put themselves at risk for me," Louis quietly replied, sounding truly grateful.

Harry looked up at him, meeting the boy's beautiful blue eyes. "No more dealing drugs, Louis. Don't do anything like that again, please. I don't know what I'll do if you get caught, I don't know what I'd do if you left. So just, lay off, alright?" he said, a frown present on his face.