Twenty Seven

"What in the world were you thinking, Harry?"

"Not now, Des," Anne snapped, wrapping her arms around the curly haired boy tightly. "He's clearly having a hard time!"

Harry was hyperventilating and he really didn't want to be touched, but he didn't have the energy to fight his mother off. "Where are they taking him?" he asked through desperate gasps for air. He was sitting on the bed with a blanket that Anne wrapped around his shoulder, despite how hot and sweaty he felt. At least he wasn't crying. That had to count for something.

"To get processed. Then he'll be sent back to London," Des answered, eyeing Harry closely from across the room. He looked like he was trying very hard not to seem as worried as he really was.

"Can I see him?" Harry asked softly.

Des just shook his head, awkwardly replying, "We'll talk about that later."

Harry quickly evaded his mother's tight grasp, jumping to his feet. He threw the blanket down and crossed the bedroom to stand before his father. He clasped his hands as though he were praying. "Dad, you have to do something. Please, I'm begging you. He's innocent!" he groveled, exasperated.

"Would an innocent boy run, Harry?" Des frowned, unconvinced.

Harry tugged at his curls. "He's being set up! I mean, you know how long Detective Cowell had been after him," he exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air.

Des sighed and rubbed at his face with his hands. "Okay. When we get home I'll see what I can do," he finally said.

"Thank you," Harry breathed in relief, pulling his father into a tight hug.

His dad patted him gently on the back, mumbling, "Yeah, well, I'm just glad you're okay."

"It's good to know you're safe," Anne added.

-

The Styles clan had made it safely back to London, though the familiar surroundings didn't bring Harry any more ease. He barely slept, tossing and turning all night because he knew that Louis wasn't in the room next door. It was maybe only six in the morning when he decided to give up and go downstairs to drown himself in caffeine.

He tip toed down the stairs and slipped into the kitchen, surprised when he came face to face with Cate. "Morning Harry," she said with a soft smile. "Are you hanging in there, dear? You sure have been through a lot."

Harry merely shrugged, sitting on one of the stools. "I guess I'm okay. I don't know, I just feel helpless," he sighed, resting his head on the counter.

"Did you get any sleep?" the blonde asked, head tilted sideways in curiosity.

Harry had no idea how his purple under eye circles didn't give it away, but he answered politely nonetheless. "Not really, I maybe only got a couple full hours," he said. "Is there any coffee?"

"Yeah, I'll brew you up a fresh pot," she offered.

Des strolled into the kitchen, clad in one of his signature nice suits. He ruffled Harry's curls (something he hadn't done in years) and moved to press a kiss to Cate's cheek before opening the fridge.

"When is Louis' bail hearing?" Harry asked his father, sitting up straight.

Des grabbed a RedBull out of the fridge, cracking it open before turning to face Harry. "I'm trying to work something out, okay?" he replied.