Thirty Five

This chapter picks up where the last one left off. Enjoy!

Kids were screaming and the crowd quickly dispersed, everyone scattering down the streets as fast as they could. Winter Fest quickly became a ghost town, the only two left were Louis and Liam.

Louis instinctively raised his hands up, they were shaking nervously. He had no idea how this kid got a gun, or how he'd managed to bring it to a huge event in the middle of a prestigious prep school. Louis was kind of panicking. He didn't know how he was supposed to get out of this. "Take it easy, Liam," Louis said softly, eyes wide as he stared down the barrel of Liam's gun.

"No one thinks I cared about Cheryl!" Liam cried out, waving the weapon around. "But I did! I loved her!" His eyes were wild and red, he looked like he was having some kind of mental break down.

"Just put the gun down, mate," Louis pressed on, trying to coax the older lad down from his metaphorical ledge. It took all of his strength to pretend to be calm.

Liam just cackled, shaking his head. "Ah, Louis Tomlinson. Guilty as charged," he hummed, seemingly amused. "And your sentence? Death."

Louis felt like his heart stopped beating in his chest. He didn't want to die, not like this. There was so much he hadn't said, to Harry mostly, and so much he hadn't had the chance to do. He wasn't ready to be murdered by a psycho prep student in the middle of a holiday festival. This wasn't how he wanted to go out. Louis felt like crying, he was on the verge of big ugly tears when he saw the last person he'd ever expect to come to his rescue.

"I never liked jocks," Ty spat.

Before Liam had the chance to turn around and face Ty, the older lad had taken Liam to the ground. He pinned the boy down face first on the pavement roughly, using one hand to grab the gun and shove away down the sidewalk.

"Ty?" Louis gaped, wondering if he was hallucinating or if that had actually happened. He stared blankly down at his older brother who was still pressing Liam into the sidewalk, completely in shock.

Harry came running towards him, grabbing Louis and pulling him into a tight hug. He held the boy as if he were afraid to let go. "Are you okay? Oh my god. Someone was screaming that Liam had a gun and I just-"

"-Louis Tomlinson!" Detective Cowell's loud voice shouted from across the area. "You're under arrest!"

Harry still didn't let go, holding Louis to his chest as he looked at Cowell over the boy's head. "What? Are you serious? This is insane!" he shouted.

Louis wiggled slightly so he could turn to face Cowell, arms still looped around Harry's waist protectively. "Are you blind? Liam was the one with the gun, not me!" he exclaimed in awe.

"We'll deal with him, but you know that's not what this is about," Cowell said sternly, approaching them now. He gestured towards Liam with one hand, another officer taking that as a cue to yank Ty off of Liam. The officer hoisted the gun-wielding maniac off of the ground and dragging him away towards a squad car, leaving Cowell alone with the teens now.

"Okay, I shouldn't have removed my ankle monitor. I know that-"

"-Spare me the bullshit, Tomlinson. It's time to get you back in the pen where you belong," Cowell snapped, roughly yanking Louis away from Harry.