Author's Secrets: Chapter 30 (ESPN... Or Something)

Calum Hood

After I was released from the hospital, I went home with my parents. Luckily, they didn't want to speak to me about our argument from earlier, so I was free to go to my room and do whatever I wanted to do. But then, I was forced to open my door because of a demanding knock.
          "What?" I snapped as I opened the door.
          "Geez, calm down." Michael muttered, pushing past me and sitting on my bed.
          "What crawled up your butt and died?" Luke chuckled, closing my door.
          "Nothing!" I snapped again, crossing my arms.
          "Baby, you need to chill," Luke chuckled, looking into my eyes as he rested his hands on my shoulders. "What's wrong?"
          "Nothing is wrong, okay? I'm just fucking grumpy as fuck."
          "Why are you grumpy, babe?" Luke asked.
          "I'm not!"
          "You just said you were..."
          "I just want to be alone." I groaned loudly, resting my head on my palms.
          "Don't be mean. You're always mean." Ashton grumbled.
          "Shut it, blondie!" I yelled, pointing at Ash.
          "Hey," Luke scoffed, pushing me back a step. "Don't talk to him like that."
          The look on Luke's face said it all. I knew why he was here. But I wasn't going to apologise to Ashton for pranking him. He fell for it, it's his own fault. I wasn't going to let Luke tell me off. I didn't even care about his opinion. It was only about Michael, Ashton and I. Well, I mean, I did care... Luke was my boyfriend; I cared.
          "I can speak to whoever I want, how I want." I scoffed back, repeating Luke's actions.
          "You're a dick!"
          "So are you!"
          "At least I can admit it."
          "Well, it's true. Takes one to know one."
          "That's just a phrase people say to sound less like a dick!" Luke snapped.
          "Fuck you!"
          "Same to you!"
          "I'm already fucking someone!"
          "Oh, yeah? Who?"
          "It's you!"
          "I've never fucked you, Calum. Why would I fuck you?"
          "Because you love me."
          "That's not a reason."
          "Luke, you tried to kill me." I sighed, sitting on my bed.
          "But you're okay now," Luke muttered, tears threatening to escape. "I'm sorry."
          "That doesn't excuse what you did," I shook my head. "You hurt me."
          "I'm sorry."
          "We're supposed to be together."
          "We are."
          "I don't think that we can be together, Luke. Not after what you've done to me."
          "No, how can you say that?" Luke yelled a question at me. "I've made up for my mistakes."
          "Have you, though? Luke, you beat me! You beat me in front of everyone! How could I ever forgive you for that?"
          "Oh, please," Luke scoffed, placing his hands on his hips. "I'm a sweetheart towards you."
          "No, you're a freak. Who the fuck tries to kill their own boyfriend?"
          "Well, I don't see you telling people about how much you love me. Not like I've been doing. Because you tell people white lies, right? Because you're embarrassed to be with me."
          "It's not like that, Luke, and you know it."
          "You think I wanted to fall for you?" Luke asked, wiping his face.
          "Of course you didn't, but you did."
          "And how do you know that?"
          "'Cause I've been talking to my friends."
          "Our friends." Luke corrected.
          "Whatever, Luke." I scoffed.
          "The way you take away my breath-"
          "Don't start this."
          "It's something bigger than myself."
          "It's something I don't understand."
          "Well, maybe you should try to understand it. It's called 'love', Luke. You may not understand what feelings are, but I do. You clearly don't want to understand it either, so just stop all of this. And, too be honest, I don't think that I want to be with someone like you."
          "I know we're young and people change-"
          "Luke, please."
          "But we may never feel the same-"
          "Luke-"
          "Baby, tell me what you say."
          "Are you sure you want to be with me?"
          "Of course I'm sure."
          "I can't ever forgive you for hurting me."
          "I know."
          "I'll never forget."
          "I know."
          "Are you sorry?"
          "More than sorry."
          "And you love me?"
          "Of course I love you."
          "Fine..." I trailed off, standing and walking over to Luke. "I love you, too."
          Luke grinned and pulled into a hug.
          "What the fuck did I just witness?" Michael asked.
          "I think it was two idiots making up." Ashton answered.