Chapter 31

Calum Hood

I had to admit, I was mildly horrified when Darcy didn't immediately ask me to be her boyfriend. I mean, I knew that she was sad, but how much time did she need? And I knew I already had a girlfriend, but that was beside the point. Luke had moved on. 

Luke Hemmings

"Do you guys need anything?" My mum asked. Don't even ask, it was so normal for my mum to walk in on me kissing some bird. "Some snacks? A condom?"
          "No, we don't need anything."
          "Let me know if you do."
          "Mum, please leave. I'm trying to have sex with my girlfriend."
          "Honey, you don't need to have sex at sixteen."
          "Oh, my God. You're ruining my life!" I yelled, throwing a pillow at her.
          "Oh, my God. Get her out of here!" Lead screeched.

Calum Hood

But overall, the plan was going pretty well. Darcy had dumped Luke, and he was unknowingly eating five thousand calories a day. It was time to turn our attention to the army of skanks. Ashton and Michael didn't know what was coming.
          "Finally, the nominees for Spring Fling King are as follows," Mrs Portman spoke through the TV screen.
          "I better be fucking nominated." I heard Luke mumbled.
          "Luke Hemmings." Mrs Portman continued.
          "Yes, bitches!" Luke shouted, fist pumping the air.
          "Michael Clifford."        
          "Yes!" Michael repeated Luke's actions from before.
          "Joshua Merry."
          "What is happening to the world?" Luke whispered in shock, shaking his head.
          "What the fuck, Sophia?" Josh hissed, slapping Sophia's shoulder.
          "I couldn't help myself," Sophia laughed hysterically. "It was so easy."
          "And the final nominee is...Calum Hood."
          "Sophia, you put me in there, too? That's not part of the plan."
          "I didn't put you in there."
          "You mean I'm really nominated?" I smiled in confusion, Sophia and Josh mimicking my actions.

***

"Calum!" Autumn squealed, running to me. I'd only just caught her as she jumped on me.
          "What's got you so excited?" I chuckled at my clingy girlfriend. Wait, was she my girlfriend or not?
          "You got nominated for Spring Fling King!"
          "So?"
          "'So'? 'So'? It's really important! You'll never get that chance again."
          "I don't really care, to be honest. I mean, yeah, it's great, but just not for me."
          "Your popularity is going to go to waste if you don't take this chance. Don't drop out. Please?" And then she pouted. And then the puppy dog eyes came out. And then I gave in.
          "Okay, fine. But only for you."
          "Have you told my brother?" Autumn asked as she dropped back to her feet.
          "No, but he already knows. He's in my lesson."
          "Can I tell him?" She asked. I took her hand.
          "Why? To brag about your amazing boyfriend?"
          "'Boyfriend'?"
          "C'mon, let's find Luke."
          "No, wait," Autumn muttered in a strict tone, pulling me back. "You said 'boyfriend'."
          "Yeah, and?"
          "Does that mean we're actually together?"
          "What do you think the term means, Aut?" I asked, crossing my arms.
          "You never asked me. You just assumed."
          "So? Isn't that a good thing?"
          I was now bored of the conversation. She should know that we're together anyway. Dates wouldn't frickle frackle together. Relationships would. And anyway, surely it would be a good thing that I just assumed? Doesn't that mean that I would like her more? Maybe love.
          "No."
          "Why?"
          "Because you didn't ask me. I could've done so many things by being your girlfriend. I didn't even know." She huffed, furrowing her eyebrows.
          "So many things, eh?"
          "That's not what I meant."
          "Then what did you mean?"
          "Nothing."
          "Well, it's got to mean something since you said it."
          I started walking over to the Plastic's table. Luke, Michael and Ashton were already sat down and eating their lunch. Leah tucked under Luke's arm, almost asleep. I sat down on a chair next to Ashton and patted his head as he looked at me. Autumn sat next me, which I didn't like, so I pulled her onto my lap, but she pushed my arms away from her and sat back on the chair she was sitting on previously.
          "Leave me alone," She huffed again. "What if I don't want to be with you?"
          "Well, since you're already my girlfriend, you're basically my property, so you have to be with me."
          "That's disgusting, Calum. No girl should ever be a property to a boy."
          "What I say goes."
          "No, what I say goes."
          "Oh, my God," I groaned, banging my head against the wooden table. "Are you on your period or something? Stop being so moody. You're emotional and clingy and it's horrible."
          "Well, if I'm such a horrible girlfriend, why don't I leave?"
          "I didn't say you were horrible."
          "Fuck you, bitch. Yes, you did."
          I stood up and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back as she tried to escape. "What did you just call me?"
          "N-Nothing."
          "Don't lie to me, Autumn. Never call me a bitch again."
          "Let go of my wrist." Autumn spoke confidently.
          "No."
          "What I say goes."
          "No, what say goes." That was when she stepped closer to me.
          "Fuck. You. Bitch." And that was when I slapped her. And what's worse was that I didn't even care.
          "Hey! Don't you dare slap my sister again! You want to slap someone? Slap me. You leave my sister out of this. She can't control her feelings." Luke shouted, standing from his seat.
          Luke took his sister away from me and over to his side of the table. But if there was one good thing that Luke could ever do, it was that he made me realise that I had hurt the person who stood by me for years.
          "I'm sorry, Aut." I whispered.
          "Leave her alone," Ashton whispered. "You've probably scared her half to death."
          "I know." I whispered back.
          "Just give her time, Cal." Michael whispered.
          "I will." I replied.
          "You've just messed up big time, Calum. I hope you know that I can't really be mad at you, but you need to fix this. You've gone too far." Luke informed me.
          "I know!" I shouted at Luke, slamming my fists on the tables, which made Autumn, Leah and Ashton jump and raise their head at me.
          "Be quiet, Calum. Leah is trying to sleep." Michael hissed.
          "Do I look like I fucking care?"
          "Okay, your obviously on your man period today. Why don't you get off of your big arse and do some good? Maybe talk the art freaks into cancelling their art show." Luke hissed at me.
          So that's exactly what I did. I went off into the direction of Sophia and Joshua, and started talking to them about their art and what I had just done. I couldn't tell them to cancel the show. And, to be honest, they were shocked about what I had done, but they knew that I was going to pull through.