It All Lead Up To This

A/N- this is the second to the last chapter of the book.

"We're gonna be married in a couple of months" Luca said quietly as he looked at the ring on his finger.

"That's the tenth time you've said that in the last five minutes. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just hard to believe. To think we started off as friends, then best friends to this, it's just crazy to think about"

"Those were the best years of my life" Chris whispered kissing Luca's forehead.

"We were so dumb back then"

"The right word is oblivious"

"You know, I always knew I was in love with you I just didn't think it was more than brotherly love"

"Yes because everyone falls in love with their brother"

"Jerk"

"You still love me"

"I don't know why"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Flashback- Almost four years ago.

Luca and Kristen both sat in lounge chairs wearing sunglasses in Chris's front yard.

"We have the best view right now" Kristen said with a dreamy sigh.

The whole football team stood shirtless in front of them. Luca had to admit it was a good view. The whole football team had bodies to die for. He looked at all of them, his eyes lingering on Chris. He licked his lips unintentionally. Chris's chest was glistening with sweat and his muscles flexing as he reared his arm back to through the football.

Luca sat appreciating Chris's body when he realized that he was sitting there appreciating Chris's body. His best friend Chris.

He was in deep trouble.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Flashback- Almost four years ago.

"Come on Luca it's your turn" His friend Oliver said as he nudged him.

"Oh" he said a little embarrassed as everyone looked at him.

They were in the middle of Oliver's living room playing spin the bottle. He didn't want to play in the first place but Kristen and Chris pressured him into it. Nothing scandalous was happening, just a boring game. He's kissed a few girls and that was it. This game was childish to be honest but it was better than truth or dare. He really didn't want to do anything extreme tonight.

Luca watched the bottle spin and spin. He may of spun the bottle extra hard without meaning to. The bottle finally lost momentum then stopped completely.

On Chris.

The whole room went quiet. Every head went in the same direction, from Chris to Luca, Chris again then Luca again.

Neither of them moved. They just stared at each other with wide eyes.

"Are you just gonna sit there, kiss already" Kristen encouraged getting a glare from Luca.

"Yeah guys, just do it" Maya said too excited. She was such a fan girl sometimes.

"Okay" Chris said across from him. He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, Luca could only hope he didn't look as panic as he felt on the inside.

"Lets do this" he said with fake enthusiasm.

He and Chris leaned forward at the same time. They met in the middle of the circle that was formed around them.