My unfortunate 'death'

(Done worry you guys will meet Percy in probably 2 chapters c:

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow :D)

(No one's POV)

You started running towards the jungle just as your mom said. You didn't know what was chasing you, but you were pretty sure it was the same monster you saw this morning.

As you ran you glanced back and saw your mother laying on the floor.

"MOM!" you yelled as you stopped running. You tried to run to her, but the snake stood in your way.
It looked at you, yellow eyes filled with hunger, and it's colorful face patterns turning dark.

You started to slowly back away, then ran as fast as you could.

(Y/n's POV)

I started looking for the clues my mom told me to look for
"In the jungle you will see things that mortals can't see..."

What was she talking about?
I heard the roar of a lion getting closer to me, which made me panic even more.

Up ahead I see a small golden statue laying on the floor.

That must be the clue! I thought

As I got closer and closer I took a sharp left turn, which I'm pretty sure the snake lion thingy didn't expect because it didn't stop until it hit the tree. It would have made me laugh if I wasn't so scared right now.
It's fangs were stuck in the tree. I started running faster since I figured I could get a head start before it starts chasing me again.

I keep seeing more and more of those golden statues which I thought meant that I was getting closer to this 'Camp' as my mom called it.

"I can't do it! I'm too tired" I thought. At any moment I will pass out.

I'm running for my life
I'm out of energy
And I don't know where I'm going

This is my death....what a cruel world
I thought. Until I saw a silhouette of a person. A person? Are they real or is my mind playing tricks on me?

My sight starts to get blurry and I see the person run up to me.

The last thing I saw was the person fighting the monster, till I passed out.