What just happened?

The morning was calm and peaceful. Birds were chirping, and the fresh breeze of summer turning to fall was blowing.

Everybody in the cabin was sleeping...Except for you. Even though it was a beautiful, peaceful morning,  you didn't feel at peace. You kept thinking about what Fernando said yesterday.
"Let me just tell you sweetheart, no one, and I mean no one has ever beaten the gods."

(Y/N's P.O.V)
'What did he mean by that? People risk their lives, and they lose? 
I kept on thinking about this for a while. Is my dad a warrior? Did he lose and die? Or is he alive? Did he know I was going to be a warrior? I have so many questions that are unanswered. I don't want to be here, I want to go home with my mom, go back to a normal life, but I know that won't happen.

"Morning."

I nearly fell off my bed. I was so deep in thought, I didn't notice Eduard had woken up.

"Eduard! I thought you were asleep!"

"Well I was, but then I got a bit cold and woke up to get an extra blanket and now I can't sleep." Said Eduard as he gave me a small smile.

I smiled back at him, but said nothing.

"Y/N are you ok?"

"Hm? Oh! Yeah I'm perfectly fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well for one, you keep dozing off, and two, I know how it feels like."

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well, when I came here I was just as confused as you are. I don't know where my dad went, we were being chased by a monster, and I had no idea where we were going."

"We?"

"What?" Eduard said nervously.

"You said we."

"No I didn't"

"Yes you did"

"No"

"Yes"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"You know what, just forget I said 'we' even though I didn't."

"Eduard, I know we just met, but you can tell me anything."

He looked as he was about to tell me something when all of a sudden Fernando woke up.

"HELLO CHILDREN! I HAVE AWAKEN FROM MY SLUMBER!"

Eduard rolled his eyes at Fernando while I was busy laughing.

"You SEE what I go through on a daily basis?" He asked pointing at Fernando which made me laugh a bit harder.

Soon the whole cabin was filled with laughter.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Asked Andrea while yawning.

"I don't really know we're just laughing, you know?" Said Fernando
With small tears in his eyes from laughter.

Soon Andrea was chuckling for no reason.

"Well we should change, we have to eat breakfast and then train." Said Andrea.

"Do we REALLY have to train today?" I mean, I'm already exhausted from yesterday's training! "

"Yes we do Fernando, it's the end of summer and the fall equinox is not that far away. Any of us could be chosen for this year's tournament." Said Eduard trying to sound as calm as possible.

'He's nervous,maybe scared  I thought  'Who wouldn't be? Fighting against ancient gods that have many different powers, abilities, strengths and elements. To be honest I'm scared too, what if I get chosen?'