Chapter 12

chapter 12 >> gone & rescued

"What happened?" I ask, trying to keep as calm as possible. "I think it would be better if you went and took a look for yourself." Kian answers, nervously. I nod and follow him out of the school. 

We change into our wolves and start to trot over to Chris's old house. The one he lived in before he became the Alpha. It's tattered and run-down, as if no one has bothered to step foot in it for 10 years.

'Does this have anything to do with Chris?' I mind-link to Kian. 'Yes. It's bad.' He sighs.

I break out into a sprint and reach the house in less that 1 minute. Changing back into my human form, I slam the door open, not caring that I was bare naked. I begin to shout his name, but there is no response. 

I run into the room where his scent was strongest. He has been here recently, less than 10 minutes ago. I run in and spot something on the lame excuse for a bed. I pick it up, a white piece of crumpled paper.

I hesitate for a moment, but tear it open.My eyes water at what I begin to read. 

'To whom ever is reading this. 
I have decided that I no longer want to hurt those around me.
I am leaving town and headed away. 
Do not come for me. 
And to Maxxi, I want you to know...
I love you. 

Chris x'

That's when I lose it. I let out an ear-peircing scream and begin to sob my eyes out. It's all my fault. If I hadn't had pushed him away and given him a chance.. then he would still be here. 

I fall to the floor and begin to hyperventilate because of my hard sobs. Kian runs through the door and pulls me into a hug. He runs his hands soothingly over my back and whispers calming words into my ears. 

Five minutes later, I've calmed my sobs down into silent tears. "Let's go back to the pack house. We'll track him down from there, ok?" He asks. I nod and begin to stand up, but I'm too tired and I'm unable to walk. He picks me up and carries me bridal style. I curl up into his warmth, not caring of our nakedness. 

Kian is like a brother.He's caring and kind. Always looking out for others.I close my eyes and wait out the 30 minutes it takes to walk back to the pack house.

I open my eyes and find myself in my room, Kian sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands on his head. I sit up and find that he has put me into a baggy white t-shirt. I crawl over to him and set my chin on his shoulder. I wrap my arms around his waist and he turns and gives me a smile. Even through his mask, I can tell something is wrong. 

"What happened? Did you find him? How long was I asleep?" I shoot at him. "We didn't find him. He erased his scent and you were asleep for 18 hours and 24 minutes." He sighs. I nod and stand up. Going to my closet, I slip on my underwear and bra. I pull on a pair of baggy joggers and put on my green socks. 

I begin to walk outside and walk up to Kian. He gives me a smile and I'm about to hook arms with him when a stabbing pain shoots through my body. I crumble to the floor in agonizing pain and scream. 

Kian falls to my side and begins to panic. "Maxxi! What's happening? Oh my god !!" He begins to yell. The pain subsides and realization dawns on me. 

"Chris is hurt!" 

Short update :) 5 votesssss