[4] Rumors and Rebellions

For the amazing banners on the side over there --> THANKYOU SO MUCH! 
I love them 
♥ 

Hope you guy's like this chapter (: Most people were demanding more of Eli, *melts* so suprise! It's pretty much half a chapter on him.  Enjoy!

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C H A P T E R   F O U R  

Everything will be okay, everything will be okay, everything will be…

Not okay!

The moment I entered health class, everything I had forced myself to believe about Jeddah flew out the window. Almost every head turned to face me as I stepped through the doorway, and the looks I received weren’t acknowledging, they were looks of disgust, like I was some revolting vegetable no one could stand. I could almost feel the colour draining from my face as I stood there helplessly. I mean, I was shy and socially awkward enough as it is, and having everyone in the class look at me like I was some freak didn’t make me feel any better about myself. Even Eli looked disappointed in me, and didn’t even make the effort to ask why I’d come to class late.

          I tried to act like I wasn’t bothered as I made my way to my usual seat, but on the inside I was crumpling like a child’s face when you tell them it’s time to leave Disneyland. I was used to being the wallflower in class, the one that usually went un-noticed. Feeling uncomfortable with all eyes on me was an understatement, especially when I was positive I’d done nothing wrong. I didn’t have a clue why everyone was staring at me, and it felt horrible. I mean, it’s bad enough knowing everyone knows something you don’t, but it’ worse when that something is about you.

          I distinctly heard Jeddah snigger as I sat down in my seat. Usually she sat next to me, but today she sat with Serenity and Katie on the opposite end of class at a table with only three seats -obviously to prevent me from sitting with them.

          Katie was the only one who looked up at me; the expression on her face was clearly guilt. But Katie? She was the one I least expected to turn on me.

          The sound of her snigger repeated in my mind. She was obviously the mastermind of this plan; she’d said something about me that had spread around the class of bitchy teenage girls like wildfire. Now every single one of them had turned on me, even Katie, even Serenity.

          With a shaking hand I unzipped my bag and pulled out my pencil case, only to see the big fat “I heart Jeddah” scribbled over the pink canvas material, and the “I love Katie more” twinked over top of it in wobbly writing. I shoved it back into my bag and zipped it up, swallowing hard to fight back the tears that were welling in my eyes. I pulled the bobby pin from my hair that had held back my fringe, letting my brunette hair drop over my face; I didn’t want the class to see me cry. I began to zip up my bag but it was caught in something –the post it. I tore it from the plastic teeth that were chomping it up and slid it into my pocket, but as I did a tear dropped from my cheek, splashing onto my hand. Once one had dropped the rest followed, spilling over my eyelids like a raindrops being released from a storm cloud. I felt myself crumpling, breaking down with weakness. Everything was too much and I couldn’t handle it any longer, so I did what any other cowardly person would do.

I ran.

          I scooped up my bag and ran helplessly from the class, knocking over a 3d human anatomy model in the process, its plastic heart breaking apart from the body and rolling across the carpet. I swung open the door and ran out, tears streaming down my cheeks. I didn’t know where I was going; I just knew I couldn’t go back. I couldn’t look at Jeddah’s face; I couldn’t look at anyone’s face, not when they looked back at me like I was some sort of monster.