Chapter 6: The Decision of the Century

Aphmau's POV

       A few days have passed, fill with relentless training and little to no sleep. Jin and I are now standing at the dungeon under Father's house accompaniment by Father, his right- hand man Merciless, and the entire Ender army. It was fill with Sparta-like soldiers who could snap any mere human like a twig.

      "Now my children," Father says with his sinister grin, possibly causing someone to die. "This is your time. You have trained for this and WILL open the portal, bridging the gateway between the End and the Overworld. We will get revenge from those who have harmed us and will rage on, unstoppable." 

       In unison, we raise our hands to the black hole of a sky, and feel the dark power rush through us like a tidal wave.  We create identical balls of black and purple and move toward the portal. We slowly make our way around the white frame with green lace illuminating them like candles of black fire. Once we complete, we move to the side, bowing to our Father as he steps forward. He creates another ball of dark magic, but his was significantly bigger than ours combined. 

       He raises it to the sigil that contains the souls of any humans the scouts could bring back. He shoots them together with a roar of triumph. They collide and immediately generate bolts of lightning from the Overworld. It floats to the middle of the portal and it spreads from frame to frame, finally creating the portal.

      We all smile as the army rushes forward, surging inside with a mighty war cry. In the kingdom, we can hear the cries of joy from the woman and children as their men go into battle in the name of their king. Father walks through to join the troops, leaving Jin and I alone. "Brother, this is it. What Father has wanted since we were born. Are you ready?" I comment as we walk the stairs of endstone. "It is what Father has wanted, but... is it what we want?"

      My head whips to stare at him. "You just disagreed with the KING!!" We hear behind our backs. We turn, and are greeted with the startling sight of the remaining guards. We have trusted them for years, growing up with them, caring for them, even fighting by their side. The only difference this time was that there weapons were pointing at us.

      We look at each others faces, making a decision on what we see there. We sprint for the portal, diving into its dark arms, no doubt ably followed by the guards, going to possibly a even more dangerous situation. The battle of which our choice could impact the outcome of this war. The could of siding with our Father, or with the people that care about us.

  A/N Here we go! I made a chapter! Whoop whoop! Unfortunately, I will not update any more until I have an idea or someone does me a solid and gives me one. If you do give me an idea, I will give you credit for either inspiration or the content. See you all next time!

                                      ~Lynx_Stories