The Workforce

"Uchiha Sasuke, the boss wants to see you in her office." Shinuze leaned around the corner with a clipboard wrapped tightly in her arms.

"Okay, give me one second." Sasuke pressed enter on his keyboard. "Coming." He then quickly stood up to follow the secretary through the office space.

"Do you know why she's calling you?" Shinuze asked as they neared the main section.

"No, but I don't think it will be anything bad- at least I hope not." Sasuke replied. 'I've turned in all my reports early and haven't come in late. I've also been getting in extra hours. So it shouldn't be anything bad, right?'

"Well good luck in there then." She knocked gently on the door before opening it. "Tsunade, I've brought Sasuke here for you."

"Come in."

The raven stepped in while Shinuze closed the door behind him.

"I have some news for you, Sasuke." Tsunade said with a serious look on her face.

'Oh no.'

"I-Is that so?" He replied nervously. Tsunade then looked down at the file in front of her.

"I've noticed your work Sasuke, I want to move you to the Advanced Center, I think you'll do better there." The boss stated, not looking up from her papers.

'Wait what-'

"This is a promotion, Sasuke."

"O-Oh, t-thank you, um, when do I start?" Sasuke felt relived but couldn't help the stutter in his voice.

"Right now if possible. Have Shinuze lead you there." Tsunade answered.

'She wants me to start now?!'

"Yes ma'am." Sasuke gave a small bow and then turned to see Shinuze already holding the door open for him.

"Ready?" Shinuze asked in a peppy tone.

"Yeah." Sasuke answered as he walked out the large office.

He cheered himself mentally. 'My work has been recognized!'

"Wait, do I need-"

"You'll have time to get your things later." Shizune interrupted when she saw Sasuke hesitate for his desk. "I'll take you over to AC, Advanced Center, and find someone who works there to show you around."

"Okay." He nodded.

"And congratulations on your promotion!" Shinuze then patted his shoulder and smiled warmly.

"Thanks." Sasuke rubbed the back of his neck as they continued down the hall.

'I wonder what kind of people work there... Probably a bunch of tryhards like me right?'

"Sasuke, if you look out the window to your right you'll be able to see the AC building."

Sasuke looked over and saw the larger building connected by a indoor bridge he could see from his office. 'That whole building is AC huh? I've been looking at it all this time...'