I. A Not-so-Secret Relationship (Bucky Barnes)

Imagine: Where the reader, who is also an Avenger, is in a secret relationship with Bucky. Both agreed on this decision for not wanting to cause any awkward atmosphere within the team and not wanting anyone involved in it. To prolong their unknown relationship, the sneaking around had to be done cautiously. Natasha and Steve start to get suspicious with the secret couple's actions, so they test how far the reader and Bucky could pull it off.

Author's note: Secret relationships au is my lifeblood haha! This is hugely inspired by Chandler and Monica's relationship in F.R.I.E.N.D.S! (holla @ my mondler fangirls) Enjoy! Votes and comments are highly appreciated! All my love x

"You know, if you keep staring at me like that people are going to notice." (Y/N) greeted Bucky upon entering the kitchen.

A harsh crack of smile etched on Bucky's face as he turns around to be met by a sweaty and exhausted (Y/N).

"I'm sorry, Doll. Can't help myself when you're looking like that," Bucky responded with a devilish grin on his features.

"Looking like someone who could fill up a water tank with how much sweat they have? Didn't know you had a thing for that kind of stuff, Barnes," she chuckled, grabbing a glass of water, "And adding up to that, my hair looks like someone deliberately pulled it and placed it in the wrong places."

Bucky snickered at her witty response. A few seconds passed by and she finds his arms securely wrapped around her waist. "Well, sweaty or looking like some wild bear attacked you. You'll always look beautiful to me."

(Y/N)'s cheeks flushed in a darker shade of red. She leaned towards Bucky and locks her arm around his neck.

"And good job on training today by the way," Bucky added, "I really enjoyed watching you kick Sam's ass, and of course I also enjoyed getting to see you like this," Bucky ogled at (Y/N), looking at how her black leggings and black tank top hugged her curves perfectly.

"Stop it!" (Y/N) laughed, giving Bucky a playful punch on his chest then returns her arms around his neck, "But seriously Bucky, we've got to be extra careful this time. It's been almost four months since we started secretly dating and I don't want to break the streak by being reckless."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I promise I won't stare at my girlfriend anymore. I love you, (Y/N)." Bucky brought (Y/N)'s knuckles on his lips – leaving some soft kisses.

"I love you t—"

"Who loves who?" an all-too well voice, not belonging to neither (Y/N) or Bucky, resonated the kitchen walls.

(Y/N) rapidly untangles herself from Bucky by pushing the ex-assassin with force – praying that no one caught them in the act.

"Hey Steve," Bucky cleared his throat, greeting his best friend.

Steve nodded in response and reaches for the refrigerator handle, opening it, "So (Y/N), who loves who?" then drinks a blue Gatorade while waiting for (Y/N)'s response.

"I was just telling Bucky, how.. um... I love... his..," (Y/N) stuttered, finding it hard to create a convincing answer, "I was just telling Bucky how much I love his.....hair."

"His hair?" Steve furrowed his eyebrows, confusion written all over his face.

"Oh shit, he's onto me! Shit shit shit! She thought, "Think (Y/N)! Think!"

Bucky let out a small chuckle hearing (Y/N)'s reason, making him earn a harsh nudge on his side.

"Yes, his hair Steve." (Y/N) responded confidently.