III. Just Friends (Bucky Barnes)

Imagine: Where (Y/N) has feelings for Bucky yet she's too stubborn on admitting she's helplessly and irrevocably in love with her best friend. Being one of the most skilled and well-trained spy in the world, it's no doubt that she excels at hiding her feelings...that is until she helped Bucky for his big date night with another girl.

Author's note: Here's part three of Just Friends! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment! Enjoy lovelies! HOLY CRAP I SAW LA LA LAND LAST NIGHT AND I COULDN'T BRING MYSELF NOT TO SHED A FEW TEARS. THE MOVIE BROUGHT A BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE ALONG WITH IT PLUS THE LYRICS OF THE SONGS WERE INCREDIBLE PLUS THE FREAKING ENDING WAS JUST 'WOW.' 

Hi, if you like my work, if you can, please consider supporting what i do <3 it will greatly help me and my family in this time of pandemic. thank you so much!

ko-fi.com/jiminschubs_

Have you ever been in a situation where you're already busted and you do your best on trying to cover up the mess that you've created but it's only making the situation worse than it already is? Unfortunately, that moment was gradually unfolding in (Y/N)'s place.

(Y/N) clears her throat and began to laugh, "What? I'm.. I'm in love with you?" She laughed once more. "Look Buck, I'm not going to lie that you're the type that girls would usually fall for but sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not one of them.

She lied.

Bucky sighs out of frustration, then shifted his gaze at Steve. "Would you give us a minute, Steve?"

Steve gave Bucky a nod and as he passes by (Y/N), he gives her one last glance along with a tight lipped smile and then gave his best friend a pat on the back. As soon as Steve shut the door behind him, Bucky's eyes returned back to (Y/N). "Are you lying?"

"What?" (Y/N)'s eyes furrowed as she crosses her arm. "Why the hell would I lie about something that clearly isn't true!"

"Oh bullshit!" Bucky growled, his voice echoing the room and sending shivers down (Y/N)'s spine. "You're in love with me (Y/N)! Why can't you just stop playing these little games of yours and finally admit it to yourself that you have feelings for me!"

"What the fuck has gone inside your head James?!" She snapped back, veins started to form on the sides of her neck. "I do love you Bucky but not in that way!"

"This doesn't make sense! This doesn't make sense... this doesn't make sense." His voice gradually became softer while repeating the same phrase over and over while pacing back and forth.

"Would you stop pacing! You're making me dizzy!" (Y/N) said out of annoyance which Bucky immediately complied by sitting on the corner of her bed. He buries his face on his hands as he tries to mull things over. (Y/N) exhaled and then comes closer to Bucky, curiosity filling her up, "What happened last night?"

Bucky's hands left his face as he looks up at a puzzled and distressed (Y/N), "Last night, after the little show we put on, I decided to take us home since it was getting late and you were in the drunkest state you've ever been. I got worried that maybe next time I leave you to go to the bathroom or something; you'd do something way far embarrassing." Bucky took a deep breath as he recalls everything that went that night. "So while we were waiting for the cab I booked us....."

"Bucky, bucky, bucky, bucky," (Y/N) giggled while she continues poking Bucky's metal arm.

"What?" Bucky looks at (Y/N) endearingly.

"I'm tired," She pouted as she wraps her arms around Bucky's torso and rests her head against his chest.

Bucky smiles at how intimate (Y/N) has become. When sober, (Y/N)'s not a big fan of hugs and cuddles, which sucked in Bucky's case because he lives for all of the things mentioned above. (Y/N) would usually wind up pushing Bucky away whenever he'd attempt to cuddle her. So in rare moments like these, Bucky always grabs the opportunity to hug her.

He rests his chin on the top of (Y/N)'s head and tangles his arm around her body. He closes his eyes and smells a mixture of vanilla and alcohol. Then he moves his lips on (Y/N)'s forehead and gives it a soft peck, "Do you want me to carry you till the cab arrives?"

"No."

"Why not? I thought you're tired?" Bucky looked at her.

Her eyes met with Bucky's, confusion was evident from his eyes. She says, "I am..." her eyes flickered and takes a deep breath, "I'm tired of pretending that I don't only see you as a friend, I'm tired of having sleepless nights where I think about you and me.. about maybe we could happen and how amazing it would feel like knowing that you reciprocate the same feelings that I have towards you, and I'm tired of running away from something I know that's real.. " Tears started forming on the corner of (Y/N)'s eyes as a short silence fall between them, and then she continues, "I'm tired of telling myself that I don't love when in fact I am. I am so in love with you James, and you don't even know it."

Bucky couldn't believe what was happening in front of him. He knows he was a bit drunk that time, but he sure as hell know that this wasn't a dream. He doesn't know what went through his head after deciding to crash his lips against (Y/N)'s. He gently places his hands on her hips as (Y/N) wraps her hands around his neck; their bodies fitting perfectly as if it was made for the both of them and no one else.

But of course, Bucky left out the part where he kissed (Y/N) first.

"After our kiss, the cab arrived and as soon as we got inside, you were fast asleep. Frankly, that same night, I couldn't bring myself to sleep because of all of the things you said. And then, when I was waiting for you to wake up today, I had so many questions to ask you. But much to my dismay, you never remembered anything."

(Y/N) places her hand on the top of Bucky's, "I'm sorry.... but none of those things are true, Bucky."

"How do I know that this isn't one of those moments where you try to cover up what you really feel? How do I know that not only are you lying to me, but also to yourself? Aren't you tired with your mind playing tricks on you?"

"James, have you forgotten that I was completely thrashed the same night I said those things? You, yourself already said it, 'I was in the drunkest state I've ever been.' I don't have any sense of awareness.... heck I don't even have any sense at all during that time." She chuckled on the hopes of trying to lighten up the mood and also to get Bucky to laugh along, which he didn't. She clears her throat, and places her free hand on the top of Bucky's hands. "I wasn't myself that time."

"But... but it felt so.. real."

"I'm not in love with you, Buck. I'm sorry."

Bucky's eyes met with (Y/N)'s, "Are you telling me that....or are you reminding yourself that you shouldn't but you already are?"

Hi, if you like my work, if you can, please consider supporting what i do <3 it will greatly help me and my family in this time of pandemic. thank you so much!

ko-fi.com/jiminschubs_