A cold hand.

Hey guys! c:

I haven't written in a while, it was my brothers birthday and I had to do a lot of things for school, but I don't want to let you guys down, so here's another chapter.

It's a short chapter, but it gives away a little hint of where Liam is. You'll never guess, haha c:

I'd love to hear what you think of this story because I don't know if I should continue this. Should I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sniffle a few times, and wipe my nose with my hand.

My hands are sore.

One of them has a lot of bruises on the knuckles, probably all looking blue,red and purple, and the other is even worse.

It's still dripping blood, even though the last time I hit a wall was a few hours ago already.
It's also full of bruises, making it hard to move my hand.

What have I done to myself?

I want to look where all my bruises are, just to see if they are as bad as they feel, but I can only imagine what they look like.

It's pitch black, because the light is off, and I wonder how late it is.

I'm tired, but I can't sleep.

That's why I sit here, my arms wrapped around my knees, eyes wide open and shivering because of the cold.

I'm sitting with my back pushed up against a corner.
I think I'm near the sink, because I can see a big dark spot close to me, and I don't want to think about what else it could be.

I close my eyes tightly, and let my thoughts wonder.

Oh how I miss my mum.

I just want to be with her so bad now.

I love how she smells.

How she always wraps her arms around me and tells me she missed me.

And her cooking will always be the best.

My stomach grumbles, and I sigh.

I'm so hungry.

And I know that there's probably a plate of food close to the door, because I haven't eaten anything yet today, but I'm too scared to go over there and find out.

I look around the black room, and all I can see is empty darkness.

A shiver runs down my spine, and I wrap my arms around myself tighter.

Suddenly I hear something.

Something you wouldn't be able to hear if you weren't listening, so soft is it.

But I can hear it loud and clear.

It's a constant ticking, echooing around the dark room.

"Tick...tick...tick..."

My heart starts to beat loudly in my chest, and I bite my fingernails nervously.

'It's nothing Liam, don't be so afraid.'

I know my head is right, but I can't help it to stare wide-eyed into the room, looking for something that can possibly make the noise.

"Tick...tick...tick..."

Did I see something move?

I'm sure I saw something!

Something white slowly moving through the dark.

I squeeze my eyes shut, and try to shut myself up.

What could it be?

A person, a monster...a ghost?

I try not to think of that, and push my body into the corner.

My foot shoves against the ground, making a loud noice, and I stop myself from doing anything right away.

I try not to move, while my heart jumps against my chest.

The ticking has stopped, and the silence and darkness press against my body, making me wanting to curl up and never move again.

I wish somebody was here with me.
Somebody I could talk to, and could keep me warm.

A whiff of coldness hits my arm, like somebody sits down next to me, and I bite my lip so hard I can taste blood.

What was that?

There are goosebumps all over my arm, and I'm shivering like crazy.

I look to my right, and see nothing there.

Absolutely nothing.

Did I really feel that breeze of air, or is it just my imagination?

I can't help my heart that's still beating in my chest on full speed.

"Hello Liam..."

My heart stops, and I look around the room franticly.

I feel like the voice came from right next to me.

I push myself into the corner as deep as I can, and close my eyes tightly.

Go to sleep Liam, go to sleep.

"Liam...I..."

I try not to listen.

There's nobody there.

Not a person, not a monster and not a ghost.

My hands are sweating, but I'm not going to wipe them on my jeans, no way.

I'm not going to move at all.

My lower lip is trembling, and I try my hardest to not let out a strangeled cry.

There's a whiff against my arm again, and I feel like the goosebumps are spreading over my entire body, making me really cold.

There's somebody next to me.

Not a real person, and not a monster.

It's a ghost.

I start shaking, and I try to keep myself calm, but I can't.

"...wake up..."

I almost get a heart attack, and try to get my breathing under control again.

I can only hear some parts of what he is saying, and I don't understand a thing of it.

I feel something on my arm now.

It's cold, but it's not just a breeze of wind.

It's something more.

It's a hand.

A cold hand.

My palms start to sweat really bad now, and my fingertips are shaking.

My heart tries to jump out of my chest, and my breathing is not normal anymore.

I try to breathe as silently as possible, just so that I won't be heard.

The cold hand slowly loosenes his grip, and I sigh silently.

The cold fingers still linger on my skin, but then they dissapear with a breeze of air.

I let out a shaky sigh.

Is he gone?

Suddenly I hear soft voices.

Talking, whispering about me.

I bite on my tongue this time, and my heart is beating so hard I can feel it through m entire body.

I smell sweat, probably my own.

I hope it's my own.

The whispering dies down, leaving me begind in the darkness, wondering about what just happened.

I'm still too scared to think about it.

I close my eyes, and slowly feel myself drift away.

Drifting away in a dark sleep.