Chapter 2

Sting's pov

I was sitting at the guild hall, when Frosch came running in.

"Rogue is missing!!" She cried in distress.

I stood up quickly. "What do you mean he's missing?!" I nearly yelled.

"T-This note was on his bed!!!" Frosch said. I quickly snatched it away. 

Take care of Frosch. And don't try to find me.

H-He left?! B-But why!?!?!

"W-Why did he leave!?!?" I asked.

"Fro doesn't know!!" Frosch cried, there were tears running down her face.

Her bottom lip trembled. "R-Rogue's c-coming back? R-Right?" She asked. I could only stare in shock and horror. My knees gave out and I collapsed. WHY WOULD HE LEAVE!?!? I thought.

"We have to look for him." I said.

"We can't." I looked up in anger. Rufus was looking at me gravely.

"What do you mean we can't." I snarled.

"Sting. Tartaros has been attacking. We have to help the other guilds. That is our priority." Rufus said firmly.

"B-But-!" I tried to protest.

"Rufus is right Sting-kun." Yukino said.

I sighed. "I-I... You're right..." I said in defeat.

Time skip

I sat sadly in my office. It's been a year since Rogue disappeared and I miss him so much. I desperately want to send wizards out to look for him, but the magic council disapproves. They think it's a stupid reason to waste good wizards. They even had the nerve to say that he probably won't come back. I was lucky that Master Makarov stopped me from attacking them.

Fairy Tail has promised to keep an eye out for him, but I know that if Rogue left on purpose, he would be very hard to find. I was depressed without my shadow. It felt like he was always there and now... He's gone. Left without a trace. I quietly walked out of my office and went to the apartment me and Rogue used to share. Instead of going to my room, I went to Rogue's. I lay on his bed and buried my head into the pillow. Though very faint, his smell was still there. I felt tears threatening to fall. Instead of holding them back, I let them fall freely.

Time skip

It's been five years now. I still haven't given up hope of Rogue returning yet. I've been taking as many out of town jobs as possible. Every time I went out, I kept an eye out for Rogue. But I never saw him.

Time skip

Eight years. Eight freaking years. For eight years I've been waiting, hoping that he'll come back. Sometimes it frightened me how much it hurt. The pain of him being gone, of being missing. It hurt. A lot. The rest of the guild has moved on, but not me. I missed him so freaking much. I wish he'd come back. I knew I had to stay strong for the guild, but it was hard. Rogue had always been my anchor.

Whenever I was upset, Rogue was there comforting me. Same with him. When he woke from a nightmare, I was right beside him. We were like yin and yang. I just wish that I at least knew why he left. I could only hope that he'd come back.

Time skip

It's been eleven years. Today was Rogue's birthday. I was hoping, praying that he'd be at the guild hall, or that he'd come back.

He didn't.

Time skip

A year later, I was with Lector and Frosch. Lector had dragged me and Frosch to the market place to help him buy a new jacket. I let out a small sigh. I didn't want to be here. It reminded me too much of the times me and Rogue would walk around together.

"Let's get this over with."