Chapter 6

James' pov

I sat in the bed Sting had prepared for me. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get over the fact that Sting was my father! But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Dad ran away, because father was his best friend. Father still doesn't know what happened. I could understand why dad ran away. How hard would it be to tell your best friend that he got you pregnant?

This is gonna be harder then I thought. Now how am I supposed to get them back together? I thought.

I sighed. I needed to get some sleep.

Time skip

"James! Wake up man!" I groaned and turned over. Sting was shaking me to wake me up. I tried to wave him away, but he just kept shaking me.

"Ugh! Fine, let me get dressed." I said. I sat up and heard Sting leaving the room chuckling. I sighed. Then I remembered what I realized yesterday. I frowned. I had absolutely no idea of how I could tell Sting he was my father. I really wanted to tell him that I was Rogue's child, but I didn't know how!

"James! Breakfast!" Sting called. I quickly got dressed and raced downstairs. Sting stood at the dinner table. On the table were pancakes and some bacon. I frowned.

"I thought you didn't cook?" I said. Sting shrugged.

"I said I didn't cook in the kitchen. I go to Minerva's place to cook. I decided to bring you back some food." He explained. I nodded and quickly sat down and started eating hungrily. In a matter of minutes, I had finished most of the food.

"Thank you for the food Sting!" I said while smiling. He smiled back.

"No problem!" He said cheerfully.

"Sting-kun.... Fro is tired...." Frosch said. Sting smiled at her and picked her up. He put her on his head and she fell asleep. I raised an eyebrow. Sting shrugged.

"For some reason, she likes to sleep on my head." He said, answering my question. I nodded.

"Hey James, want to head over to the guild? You can take an look at the jobs and we could maybe go on one together?" Sting asked.

"Sure!" I said. I stood up and we walked to the guild. My head was still racing. I needed to figure out how I could tell Sting that he was my father. I followed Sting through Crocus. I bit my lip. I kinda just wanted to blurt everything out to him, but decided not to.

Suddenly, Sting stopped. I accidentally bumped into him. I frowned.

"Why did you stop?" I asked. Sting turned and stared at me. He tilted his head a bit.

"I just realized that I don't really know anything about you." He said. It was my turn to tilt my head.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

Sting shrugged. "Your past?" He said. I froze. I shifted uncomfortably. What should I tell him? I thought.

"Um... I lived with my uh... dad.... I started learning magic when I was about eight or nine. My dad taught me everything. He was an awesome instructor. I really miss him... but... I decided to find a guild." I said.

Sting nodded. "Cool. What city are you from?" He asked.

"Oh. I'm from a small village called Shizuku." I said. Sting looked surprised.

"Huh. I've never heard of that village." He said. I shrugged.

We continued walking to the guild when Sting suddenly sighed. I frowned at him.

"You okay?" I asked. Sting nodded.

"Yeah.... it's just.... Me and Rogue first met about 22 years ago today...." He said.

"O-Oh.... that must be tough. For your best friend to suddenly disappear like that...." I said. Sting nodded, and I could tell that he was on the verge of tears. I bit my lip. I really wanted to tell him about my dad. About everything. But I was scared. What if he didn't want me? So many things could go badly. I opened my mouth.

"Sting.... do you... do you know why Rogue left?" I asked. Sting shook his head sadly.

"Do you... have a guess?" I asked.

"I don't know! The only thing I can think of, is that he left because he was scared that he'd hurt me and the guild. But.... I would've thought he'd come back after the danger had past...." Sting said.

He looks so depressed... I thought.

"Oh... I see." I said. I couldn't help but wonder what dad could have left for besides being pregnant with me....

We continued walking to the guild. This time, there was no interruptions or anything. My mind was still racing. There was just so much going on! It was hard to wrap my head around it. We finally arrived at the guild. We walked in and Sting headed to his office.

"I need to do some paperwork, you can go take a look at some of the jobs, if you'd like. I d suggest something small at first." He said.

"Okay." I said. I walked over to the request board and studied all the jobs. I couldn't really find anything that seemed appropriate for me. I sighed. This is gonna be hard. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I jumped in surprise and whirled around to see Rufus standing there. I gulped nervously.

"M-May I help you Rufus?" I asked nervously.

"May I talk to you outside the guild?" He asked.

"S-Sure..." I replied. I was scared, maybe even terrified. I followed Rufus outside if the guild and to the side of the building. Rufus crossed his arms and stared at me.

"What do you know about Rogue?" He asked. I froze.

"I.... uh.... D-Don't know anything...." I said.

"I know you do James. Just tell me. Please." He said. The desperation in his voice hit me hard. I bit my lip.

"R-Rogue's..... M-My dad....." I said quietly. Rufus froze and stared at me in shock.

"Y-Your father?!" He said. I nodded.

"Twelve years ago.... there was a guild party... wasn't there?" I said. Rufus nodded slowly.

"Dad got.... drunk that night and he.... He had um... sex with Sting... I was the result." I said quietly. Rufus looked up even more surprised.

"Is my memory, men cannot get pregnant." Rufus said.

"Dad told me that it had something to do with his magic...." I said.

"Where is Rogue then?" He asked.

"Back home in-"

"What are you two doing?"