Chapter 8

Rogue's pov

I stared in shock at Sting.

"St-Sting?! What... How...?" I stammered. Sting glared at me.

"I want answers. Now." He said.

I froze. He knows. Fuck. He fucking knows!!!!! I just stood there.

"Do... Do you want t-to come in?" I asked. I stared at my feet. I shouldn't have told James. I shouldn't have told him anything.

"Sure." Sting said. I stepped out of the way and Sting walked in.

"Nice place." He commented.

"Thanks..." I mumbled.

"Now. Answers." He said. I sighed.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He demanded. I sat down and stared at my hands. I thought about what I should tell him. I let out a big sigh.

"I.... I was in love with you." I said bluntly. "But... I was a coward. I knew you liked Minerva, so I stayed out of it. Honestly, I never would have left if I hadn't been pregnant." I said.

Sting looked surprised. "You... Loved me...?" He said. I shrugged.

"Still do. Anyways, I knew you didn't feel the same, so I ran. I knew you would feel obligated to stay with me and help me with the child. I didn't want to force you into a relationship you didn't want." I said.

"Is that... Is that why you ran?" He asked.

"Yeah. Now can you go?" I asked. Sting blinked in surprise. I just stared at him boredly. I really didn't want to see or deal with Sting at the moment.

"Don't you... Don't you want to know how James is doing?" He said.

"I'm sure he's fine. I'm not a helicopter mom. Geez." I said. I stood up and walked over to my kitchen. Sting followed me.

"Rogue...." He said.

"What Sting."

"I really missed you..." He said. My eyes softened.

"I missed you too." I said softly.

"Frosch has been staying with me. I think she'll want to see you." He said, his voice very quiet.

"Oh." He grabbed my hand.

"Please, come back Rogue. Everyone misses you." He said, his eyes were filled with desperation and... longing? I yanked my hand out of his grasp. I shook my head. I didn't want to go back. Sting stayed silent.

"What if.... What if I feel the same?" He asked. I froze.

"Wh-What?" I stared at him. He took a step towards me.

"You being gone... Made me realized that... I love you and.... I need you in my life and that.... I-I..." His beautiful blue eyes filled with tears.

"That I'm nothing without you!!!!" He cried. My eyes widened.

"S-Sting! Calm down!" I said. He wiped his eyes.

"I don't remember.... I want to.... but I can't...." He said.

"You.... Want to...?" I said.

He cupped my face. "Help me remember Rogue." He whispered. He leaned forward and kissed me. I froze, not sure what to do. Sting.... Wanted this... Right? I slowly started kissing back.

Time skip

I woke up and groaned. Why do I feel so exhausted? I blinked a couple of times. When my vision cleared up, I saw a naked Sting sleeping beside me. I let out a scream and jumped off the bed. Sting sat up quickly.

"What!?" He said, looking around crazily. His eyes landed on my and I saw them glaze over slightly. I immediately grabbed the blanket I had dragged down with me and covered myself up. My face burned in embarrassment. Sting tilted his head.

"Why are you covering yourself up? Especially after what happened last night." He said. My face turned an even darker red as I recalled what happened. I looked down in embarrassment, my hair covering my face.

Sting chuckled. "You're so adorable. I don't know why I've never noticed you this way before." He said. I looked up and scowled at him. I tried to stand up, only to fall back down. I groaned in pain. Sting looked at me in concern.

"You okay?" He asked. I glared at him.

"No. My ass is killing me." I said angrily. Sting blinked a couple of times, before bursting out in laughter. My cheeks, once again, turned red.

"It's not funny!" I said. He held up his hands in surrender.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your ass so much." He said, although he was still giggling. I glared at him.

"I'm taking a shower." I said. I stood up (Still covering myself) and walked to the bathroom.

Sting's pov

Rogue walked away and I was still chuckling. Rogue was too cute for his own good. I stood up and looked around for some clothes. I noticed that Rogue had a couple of casual clothes in the dresser. I grabbed a pair on blue jeans and a plain black tee-shirt. I walked out of the room and decided to explore a bit. I wandered around a bit before finding myself at a door.

I opened it and saw it was an storage type room. I walked over to a box and opened it. In it, was Rogue's old outfit, a picture of the guild, another picture of me, Yukino, Orga, Rufus, Minerva and Rogue and a picture of me and Rogue from when we were kids. I picked it up and smiled.

"Do you remembered that day?" I whirled around and there stood Rogue. He was looking at the picture fondly.

"Yeah... I do..." I said quietly. We were only about ten in this photo. We were walking around, looking for a place to stay, when Rogue got hit in the head by a green and black egg. We took care of it, well Rogue mostly did, and it hatched. Frosch had been in it and I remember Rogue's face when he saw her. He immediately fell in love with her. I had already had Lector, so we were excited that he was going to get a playmate.

I smiled at the memory. That was before we met Jiemma. Before we got torn apart. We may have been partners, but we weren't really friends at that time. Sabertooth hadn't been a place for friends back then. I frowned at the thought. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Rogue was looking at me with a slightly sad expression.

"C'mon, let's go have some breakfast." He said softly. I nodded and followed him out.