Prologue

Six Years Ago

August 20. Received: 11:56pm

To: DamienJCarmona; DominicKCarmona;

From: JazzyAKaiser;

Subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

First of all, I am so sorry I won't be home for your birthday. I know we spoke about this already but I still feel really bad. I promise when I get back to Black Heart we would do our birthday rituals. What do you say? :) I miss you guys so much.
Yes, Dominic, I'm having fun. Lol. You worry too much.
Guess what!!!! Jaden was able to meet me in Italy after all. His parents agreed to it last minute. We went sightseeing as usual, to the beach and shopping. He's really fun. Anyway back to you guys. Mom promised me she would give you guys your gifts tomorrow. She assured me it's totally appropriate for sixteen-year-old boys. I hope you guys like it.

Are you all nervous about your first shift? Have they surfaced yet? What are their names? I can't wait to see them.

I gotta go, Jaden and I are going to a concert in the city. So excited.

Ciao,
xoxoxo

August 21, Received: 10:38am

To:JazzyAKaiser;

From: DamienJCarmona;

Subject: Re: Happy Birthday

It's alright. We know that your grandparents miss you and summer is the only free time you got. Aunt Renae brought over the gifts. The gifts are great. We are actually at the place now. We can't believe mom and dad gave us permission. Dom is still choosing. I got mine but you can only see our first tattoos when you get back home.

I'm happy that you are having fun and worrying about you comes naturally. You are our best friend after all. :)

Oh and your million and one questions? I will try to answer them.

For me, I am nervous. I don't think Dom is nervous he's always cool with everything like nothing fazes him. My wolf spoke to me when I woke up, his name is Axel. He's laid back just like me can you believe it.  Can't wait for you to meet him.

I miss you Jaz, :( Hurry back. I miss my Gumball partner. Dom misses you too but you know he won't say it out loud. Anywhooo gotta go. Thanks for the tattoo coupons.

Bye.

P.S: Please notify your 'friend' to keep his hands to himself. You are not allowed to date nor kiss any boys till you're sixteen.

Black Heart Pack
August 28

"Jaz there's something...."

Jasmine quickly threw her carry-on suitcase in her room and rushed pass her mother. Renae was trying to get her attention but was failing quickly. "When I get back. I'm just going and say hi and be right back," she shouted over her shoulder as she ran out the front door going for her bike.

"Jasmine wait," Renae shouted behind her but she was too late all she saw was her teenage daughter disappearing around the corner.

"Did you tell her?" Jacob asked coming to his wife's side.