Chapter 5.

Dominic's Lullaby. Piano piece by Lucas King. This piece is called Feel.

It's been a week since their first encounter with Jasmine since then she never held their gaze nor spoke to them whenever they were near. Emmaline being oblivious to it all brushed it off as her being cautious around new people. The little princess has yet to know that they all knew each other. Racon and Maxwell rallied the help of Jasmine's sentinels to get the three together. Stubborn as their mate was, she was very hard to convince to go places.

Damien and Dominic decided to leave her be but their wolves thought differently. They wanted their humans to go to her, tell her that they are mates. 'She would distance her self more' Damien commented to them both. All through their conversation Dominic said nothing. He was focus on the dark-haired beauty sitting opposite him at the lunch table in the school's cafeteria. He was on duty with Emmaline for her classes and decided to tag along with her for lunch. What he didn't expect was Jasmine and Chris already seated at the table.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed how tense she got and was on her way to sprout a lame excuse to leave the table. It sent a sharp pain through his heart that she didn't want to be near him, it caused him to go deeper into the confines of his mind. Not allowing anyone in.

"Excuse me? Is anyone sitting here?" a voice interrupted his musings. He distractedly said no and continued to eat in silence.

"I haven't seen you around much. You are new here aren't you?" the voice spoke again. It was borderline annoying to his ears and the pitch was too high. He nodded his answer again this time yes.

"Not much of a talker are you?" she continued this time she placed a hand on his bicep, caressing the skin beneath her hand with her thumb. He turned to see who was bold enough to make this subtle move. To him she was pretty average with light brown eyes and blonde hair, everything about her screamed perfect. "I'm Catherine and you are?" she introduced herself with an outstretched hand.

"Dominic," he said softly shaking her hand briefly.

"So Dominic what's your major?" she asked flicking her hair over her shoulder. He didn't catch on that she was being flirtatious but the other members of the table caught on immediately. Dominic ate with his head low zoning out the chatter in the hall and listening to the heart beats of the present wolves and hybrids. It was a trick he learned during training to calm himself and also to find those in distress or fear. At the moment he was using it to calm himself.

"Umm excuse me but who are you?" Emmaline spoke up finally finding a break in the new girl's interrogation.

"The question is who are you? I'm busy little girl wait till you are spoken to" Catherine spat. "Lay off it Cathy. No one invited you here and this is Jasmine's cousin. Don't be playing boss bitch interrupting our lunch." Chris hissed at the blonde.

"I didn't come here for any of you and who cares if she's Jasmine's cousin. She can be the queen of England for all I care, you three are just here because of your parents. If it was up to me you all wouldn't be here. Now be good kids and leave the grown-ups alone." she sneered at Chris glancing in disdain at Emmaline. Catherine placed her arm around Dominic's shoulders but he was oblivious to it all.

"Catherine with all due respect you are really not welcome here. I am kindly asking you to leave. If it wasn't for us you wouldn't get the latest Chanel bag in your closet," Jasmine said coldly. It was her voice that brought him out of his daze, looking at her he noticed how tense she was and eyes were blazing. The tapping of fingers on his shoulder made him aware of a lady's arm around him. He removed her hand and stood from his seat, 'Apologies princess but I would take my leave now.' he said to Emmaline over their link.