Chapter 3.

"Everything is settled, sweetheart."

It was raining, it was dark and gloomy no matter how much lights were in her suite. She watched as her future classmates ran for shelter to nearby buildings. It was the late afternoon and the rain clouds being inconsiderate they were hiding the remaining sun. She felt their presence before she can hear them, her senses were always alert even with so many sentinels around. The scent of her father surrounded her as he slipped his arm around her shoulders. "Emmy..." he began then cleared his throat wanting to get rid of the break that was going to be heard in his voice.

"It's okay, daddy. You and grandfather have taught me how to control it. I can do this. If I am to be the next queen of all the supernaturals I have to learn to be away from the castle. On my own." she said wrapping her own arms around his waist.

"If you need anything...."

"Just call. I know." she continued for him. King Emmerson gave her a teasing glare before hugging her tightly. She was his only child, heiress to the throne. He had confidence in her that she would make it but fear that people would take advantage of her shyness. Emmaline loved to be by herself, she indulged in a lot of books and dance, her weakness was being very trusting and finding the good in everyone. Knowing that his daughter was like this, he was very hands-on in keeping her safe. Where ever she went a protection detail was present. With her at college it would make her more vulnerable and he couldn't help but worry.

"Before I go, I have just been notified that Princess Jasmine also attends here."

Her face lit up, knowing that she had a relative here, the girl she envied for being so free and accomplished at such a young age. The family kept in contact with the Kaisers and often visit them at Black Heart but over the years they only saw the young princess in magazines or international tv circuit. "That's great. I wonder what she's studying." she mused aloud.

"Her father said Graphic Art and Business. She wants to get certified recognition for her work," he said with amusement as his daughter was now lost in her thoughts.

"That's very good. I wonder if she remembers me. We were so young ."

"I'm sure she does. Who would forget my beautiful little girl?" he said tugging playfully at her ear. Beside the blonde hair of her mother, the future queen was the spitting image of his great grandmother Queen Emma. It was suiting to name her Emmaline. She carried the name well by her love for her people and family.

She playfully swatted away his hand then leaned on his shoulder, " I would miss you a lot, daddy."

"I will miss you more," he replied kissing her head while sending a prayer up to the Goddess to keep her safe.

The knocking on her door the next morning signaled the start of her day. A new day of her new life away from home. "Come in"

She smiled kindly at her assigned guards since she was twelve, all four of them were out of uniform it was a major difference as she was used to the black uniform with the royal crest on their right arms. Seated on the lounge chair in the sitting area of her suite they stood before her at ease with their heads slightly bowed.

"Are you all settled?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am. Our rooms have been met to all our needs." the leader of the four spoke out. When she first met him, he scared her by his unsmiling attitude but over the years she found out he was that way for a reason.

"Very well. Anything that I should know about before I proceed with the day's comings and goings?" she asked politely.

"We patrolled the compound last night and found scents of both wolves and hybrids all are accounted for by packs and covens loyal to the crown. We also met with four other sentinels ma'am..." the leader started. With a slight raise of her hand she stopped him and stood.