one

New York – a city that 8

New York – a city that 8.536 million people call home. A city filled with diversity, culture, and art. A city with over 1,000 bars, many of which were in much better condition than the dive Elijah Mikaelson happened to stumble upon during his first night in Manhattan.

His dark eyes scanned the room for his next victim – frankly he didn't care who it was as long as they quenched the hunger he felt throughout his whole body. It was a hunger like no other, a hunger that made his gums ache and his mind become cloudy with the only clear thought being that of his bloodlust.

"Hey, what can I get you?" The bartender greeted politely as he took a seat on a stool.

"Whiskey neat," Elijah spoke boredly, not bothering to glance at young man behind the bar.

"Coming right up." The bartender, whose name tag read Jack, placed the alcohol in front of the Original.

A soft snicker could be heard to his right where a young girl sat hunched over a glass of what smelt like tequila.

"Can I help you?" He raised an eyebrow, turning to face her as his drink was placed in front of him.

"No, I'm good." She held her hands up in mock defence, a small smirk on her pink lips. "Don't you think you're a little bit overdressed for this place?"

The girl, who couldn't have been much older than 21, tucked some of her hair behind her ear, revealing her smooth neck. He could hear the blood pumping through her veins and he found himself wondering what her blood would taste like.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" Elijah motioned around the room with his hand.

"Ignoring men like you," she rolled her eyes.

She finally forced herself to look up at him and her eyes widened at the sight. It was obvious by the way he dressed and the quality of the clothes he was wearing that the man in front of her was rich. Beyond rich. Not only that, but the man in front of her was attractive, with dark hair and eyes to match, and a jawline sharper than a knife.

"You've got fire," Elijah took a sip of his drink.

"I've got a cab," her manicured fingers placed some bills on the counter as she made the snide remark.

There was something about this girl that sparked his interest. Maybe it was the way carried herself with poise but still seemed like she could get down and dirty. Or maybe it was because she looked so innocent at first glance, but looking into her eyes he saw a hint of mischief. 

And then she slipped out the back exit, leaving him with nothing but the memory of the way her green eyes gleamed under the dim bar lights.