ten

Victoria's words stuck in Elijah's mind after she had left

Victoria's words stuck in Elijah's mind after she had left. They echoed in his memory, forcing him to think about the things he had had refused to think about for months.

He had gone back to his room after that, deciding that sleeping on his thoughts would be best. Showing up to her room intoxicated would only make matters worse.

The next morning, his fist knocked loudly against the varnished wooden door and took a deep breath as he waited for her to answer. The door swung open only moments later to reveal Tori, her face free of makeup, her hair still damp, and nothing but a black satin robe covering her body.

Her eyebrows raised almost instantly, unsure of how to greet him. Luckily for her, however, Elijah had began speaking before she could even open her mouth.

"You were wrong. What you said last night in the bar, you were wrong. I am a monster, and you should be scared of me. I kill people and I enjoy it."

"Well I'm not," she shrugged, leaning against the doorframe. "Love changes our perception of people, it makes us blind to peoples flaws. It's a bit strange like that. My point is I think maybe I don't see you as a monster because I might have fallen in love with you a little bit for a second there."

"You're in love with me?" Elijah questioned, eyebrows raised. "But I'm dangerous."

"Maybe I am, but I can't say it because as soon as I do say it out loud it becomes true. And I can't be in love with a serial killer because that means something is wrong with me." She licked her plump pink lips and looked down at her bare feet. "You know what, I think it's best you just leave."

Victoria stopped leaning against the doorframe and stood up straighter, and started to close the door, only to have Elijah stick his foot in the doorway.

"Victoria wait." She rolled her eyes but opened up the door a little more nevertheless. "I refuse to let you slip through my fingers without doing this at least once."

Her perfectly plucked eyebrows furrowed together, completely unaware of what he was going to do.

Elijah's lips crashed down against hers, his hands making their way to her small waist. For a moment, Tori kissed him back, rather enjoying the way his lips reminded her of strawberries. But then she remembered all that had happened and pulled away.

Victoria looked down at her bare feet once more, taking a moment to decide on what to do.

"Goodbye, Elijah," she cut him off before he could say anything else.

He wanted to stay – to make her listen to his explanation but he knew it was best to give her time and space, so he let the door click shut.