Chapter 6

"What do you mean he's your son? You're only seventeen, and you couldn't have been thirteen when you gave birth to him."

"No, he's my son," I sniffled. "When I was twelve, only months before my thirteenth birthday, I was abducted by a man whom was nineteen. I remember him, his face will forever remain in my head. He had beach blonde hair and green eyes. I remember I was held in captivity for a week, but it was the longest week of my life. That week consisted of forced sexual intercourse around the clock," I sniffled.

"Oh Olivia," Ben said pulling my body close to his.

"But then I found out I was pregnant a few months after I was saved, but I didn't abort Jace. And everyone thought I was insane," I continued. "But I believe everything happens for a reason, and there was a reason I needed to have that baby, I just didn't know at the time. But now I know, it was to give me purpose. When the first wave hit, I was pregnant again and my boyfriend and I were driving, but the car came to a sudden stop and flipped, that day Max died," I said referring to my boyfriend. "And so did my unborn baby, Tyler."

Ben held me close and rubbed my back as I cried, "B-But I was on the verge of killing myself when my parents died soon after. But then I remembered about my son, Jace. He needed me. If I would've aborted Jace, I would've never had him, I would've never had a purpose. I would've killed myself."

I looked up at Ben whom was tearing up, "Jace Andy Johnson, better known as Chip around here, is my son. And that's why I have such a strong bond with Him."

"I'm so so sorry," Ben said and held onto my hand. "I'm never gonna let anything hurt you as much as that ever again. I promise Liv."

He wrapped his pinky around my own as if we were little kids. It was cute. I just lied my head down in his lap and cried as he tried comforting me.

"Just hold onto me," I said. "And please don't let go."

"I'll never let go of you," Ben said right before placing his lips on my forehead and leaving a kiss.

I went to sleep early that night in the arms of Ben Parish.