Chapter 20

I woke up the following morning and got ready in ten minutes. It was currently four a.m. And we were leaving.

"I'm gonna go take Nugget to the bathrooms", Said Ben.

"Be quick", I said as I kissed him and he ran off with a sleeping Nugget.

I got Jace ready quickly and we all left towards the chopper. Soon Ben met us there. I held his hand as Jace sat on my lap. Tears forming in my eyes knowing I wouldn't make it.

"Hey you'll be just fine, and so will Jace and Teacup, and even I will be. Okay?" Ben whispered in my ear which I surprisingly heard over the loud noise coming from the copper.

He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as I leaned my head on his shoulder. Only moment later, "Get Going Guys! We'll Be Back For You Soon!"

And we fought. I shot, Ben shot, even Jace and Teacup had shot. And my heart had never beat so fast. After losing a squad member in the bus, we ran off towards a building.

"Clear!" I called as Jace hung onto my leg.

Ben followed over to me, Ringer getting fired up. She pulled out the tracker and stepped on it. Causing all of us to believe, Ringer was an other. There was no doubt in my mind. But after Ben pulled out his tracker and he turned green in my lens, I knew it was fake. It was all fake.

"They are the others!" Called Ben.

"Ben, what about Nugget?" I asked scared.

"Shit, I left Nugget back at the base so he wouldn't get hurt...I have to go back.."

"Ben.." Tears in my eyes.

"Ringer shoot me now", He ordered.

"I don't think so.." She said uneasily.

"Oh come on I know you dream of shooting me. You can do it", He said then turned to Dumbo. "Where in the stomach can I take a bullet without dying?"

This broke my heart. After the loud sound of a billet being fired into Ben, he came over and kissed me on the lips and then slipped something on my ring finger, "It was my mother's and I want you to have it just in case.."

"I love you Ben", The words that were barely said.

"I love you too"

He left off to the helicopter as something unexpected happened, we were ambushed by people. They shot at us crazily.

"MOMMA!" I heard Jace's piercing cry.

He fell back into my arms, "Momma he got me.."

Ripping the jumpsuit, there was bullet wound in his stomach bringing tears in my eyes.

"No, no, Jace, stay awake. Stay with me. You'll be just fine"

"Sing for me Mama"

With my voice cracking throughout every word, "Hush little baby don't say a word, Mama's gonna buy you a humming bird. And if that hummingbird don't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.."

And I slipped the ring I had just gotten into Jace's finger as He took His last breath.

~~

~~

~~

Comment if a bonus chapter should come up..hmm

Word Count: 518