Chapter 18

I woke up the following morning in Ben's arms, I must've not realized that He came to lie down with me and ended up falling asleep. I got out the bunk without waking Him up and decided to take a shower.

I grabbed a clean jumpsuit from my bag, clean undergarments, and my brush before heading to the bathroom. I stripped from the jumpsuit and undergarments and stepped into the shower. The warm water felt so nice as it hit my skin. I sighed and lathered up soap in my hair, and then rinsed it out. Next was conditioner. I put the conditioner in my hair and brushed my hair out, then rinsed out the conditioner. Then I cleaned my body and made sure to shave. I stalled in the stress-free shower for a while longer before turning off the water and stepping out. I dressed in the ugly jumpsuit and dried my hair with the blowdryer and put my hair up in a loose ponytail. Then I made sure to brushed my teeth.

I walked out the bathroom with my dirty clothes and threw it into the hamper which sat next to the bathroom door, "Hey", I said turning to my right to see Ben walking over to me.

"Hello pretty girl", Ben smiled.

I rolled my eyes playfully and walked over to Him and pecked His lips, "I'm gonna wake up Jace and get Him ready so He can go eat", I say.

"Alright", He says. "I should be out the shower by the time He's done getting ready. We can all go together"

I nod and smile before He kisses me once more and walks into the bathroom. I walk myself over to Jace's bunk, His was under Dumbo's. Ironic, Dumbo is the smartest kid I've ever met. Though His name is based off the size of His ears. I smile to myself and shake Jace gently, "Baby wake up", I say softly.

He stirs in the bed and stretches, "I'm up, I'm up"

"Alright let's get you ready for the day", I say helping Him out of bed.

"I don't want to go into the fifth wave", Jace groans.

"Why?" I ask Him as I make His bed. "You could become a hero"

"Really?!" He asks me, a smile on His face.

"Yeah", I nod and go over to Ben's bed to make His bed, though I realized Ben had already fixed up His bed so I wouldn't have to.

"When will we train?" He asks.

"Well when Ben is done showering, we'll all head down to the breakfast hall, and we can all eat together"

"Sounds good Momma!"

I smile and pat His head. I end up sitting on His bed and cradling Him, it's been forever since I've had a moment like this with my son.

"Momma", Jace says.

"Yeah?" I ask looking down.

"Can I tell you something?" He asks.

"Yeah of course", I respond.

"When I was in that room", He starts.

"What room?" I ask.

"The one with the doctors, and I was sleeping for a long time"

"Oh, yeah continue"

"I saw a little girl", He said. "She had strawberry red hair and light eyes"

"What are you trying to say?" I asked Him quite confused.

"I saw Her", He says.

Ben comes in with a questioning look but keeps quiet, "Who?" I ask again.

"The Girl", He says. "She held my hand and sat in the chair and told me I was going to be okay. But then She disappeared"

"Did she tell you who she was?" I asked.

"She said She was my sister, but She passed away in your tummy"

After I heard that, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, "She had the same color hair as your boyfriend that died in the car accident"

"Oh my.." I said. "Did She say Her name?"

"She didn't know if it was Lucy or Layla", He said.

"That's what I was going to name Her, but if it was boy-"

"It would be Jason", He said.

"What else did She tell you?" I asked.

"She said she was alright, and that She loved you"

"I need to get some air", I said and stepped out of the bed.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked.

"Did you hear that or not?" I asked Him. "He talked to my dead child"

"Maybe He was hallucinating"

"He wouldn't have known the possible names. I only told my boyfriend. He didn't even know I was pregnant. I didn't even know it was a girl"

"Just calm down", Ben said. "Let's go get breakfast. Okay?"

"Okay", I replied, my whole body trembled with fear.

"Momma"

I turn around, "Yes Jacey?"

"Did I say anything wrong?" He asks.

"No of course not", I smiled. "I'm actually very glad you told me"

I leaned down and kissed His forehead before grabbing His hand in mine, "Let's go get something for breakfast with Ben"

~~

~~

~~

A/N: So Jace talked to the baby that Blue has miscarried when the first hit. Ooh, creepy.

Word Count: 850