16: The False Accusation

Rika woke up feeling slightly annoyed and slightly hurt at the same time. She didn't like the fact that Ryohei was never home anymore and little time she was at home she barely ever talked to Rika. Rika knew she wasn't the best sister in the world, but she would at least like to have a conversation with her sister once in a blue moon. She felt hurt that Ryohei didn't seem to want to spend time with her or talk to her. She had noticed that Ryohei had been spending a lot of time with the boys. She wasn't too fond of the idea of her sister spending time with them when she had a hint that they were out for revenge. She didn't want her sister getting hurt again. She knew she had to talk Ryohei out of hanging out with them, but how could she when she couldn't even get near Ryohei without the boys being there. She couldn't talk to Ryohei alone when the boys were around.

Sighing, she got out of bed and got dressed. She curled her hair into cute, bouncy curls and sprayed them with hair spray to keep them in place. She then took out her makeup kit. She curled her eyelashes and applied mascara through her long, luscious eyelashes before applying a smokey black eyeliner and gel liner for the bottom. She applied a neutral colored lipstick to her plump, soft lips. She fixed a small red headband in her hair.

Once she was done she trudged her way down the stairs. When she reached the bottom of the stairs she heaved a heavy sigh before walking towards the kitchen. As she approached the kitchen she heard chitter chatter. She recognized her mother and her sister's voices coming from the kitchen. They sounded like they were talking in low voices, perhaps so she wouldn't be able to hear them. She was curious though and decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. She tiptoed towards the kitchen and stood behind the wall. She perked up her ears and listened in.

"So, you seem to be getting close to those boys," her mother commented smiling at Ryohei.

"Yeah, we've become closer than we were at the beginning," Ryohei responded with a nod. Her mother nodded with a cheerful smile. 

"And what about that boy Yu?" Her mother asked curiously.

"What about him?" Ryohei asked in question. Her mother gave a light-hearted chuckle.

"You seem very close to him and he's come picked you up several times," her mother started. Ryohei nodded.

"Yeah, he's offered to drive me to school a couple times," Ryohei replied with a shrug.

"It's been more than a couple," her mother stated with a small smirk. Ryohei stared at her mother in confusion. She didn't know what her mother was getting at.

"Ok, it's been more than a few times. So what?" Ryohei asked in confusion.

"I think he likes you," her mother answered with a smile. Ryohei's eyes widened.

"I... I... I don't know... what you're talking about....," Ryohei responded hesitantly as she looked away. Her mother stifled a laugh.

"Yes, you do because I think deep down you feel the same way about him," her mother remarked as she raised her eyebrow, "Am I right?" Ryohei's eyes went wide at this.

"Well..... I..... might, but..... ugh, I don't know!" Ryohei exclaimed in annoyance as she gave a heavy sigh. Her mother looked at her in concern.

"Honey, if having a crush on a guy is making you this agitated then maybe you should wait a little bit," her mother commented. Ryohei sighed.

"I'm not agitated. It's just complicated, that's all," Ryohei explained shortly. Her mother nodded in understanding.

"I understand," her mother responded with a gentle smile. Ryohei smiled back at her mother in response. "Now about that other boy that you had a crush on in elementary school. Do you still have feelings for him?"