20: From Slut To Hero

Rika woke up the next morning feeling like something was off. She looked beside her to see Ryoji in bed with her. He had stayed overnight after the incident with Ryohei just to be sure that Rika would be ok. Ryohei wasn't home though when Rika came home and she had skipped the rest of the day of school yesterday. Rika had tried contacting Ryohei, but Ryohei was picking up. She was a little bit worried. Just then she heard a sound from downstairs. She breathed a sigh of relief thinking that it was Ryohei downstairs and jumped out of bed. She made sure not to wake up Ryoji as she quickly got dressed and rushed down the stairs. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she sprinted into the kitchen to find that it was only her mother making breakfast.

"Geez, it sounded like an elephant was marching down the stairs," her mother commented with a teasing chuckle. Rika rolled her eyes.

"Hi mom," Rika greeted her mom with a sigh, "Have you seen Ryohei?"

"No, not since the day before yesterday," her mother responded shaking her head, "Since she wasn't down here or in her room I figured that she had already gone to school." Hearing this made Rika worry. Ryohei hadn't been home all night or returned this morning.

"Are you sure you didn't see her?" Rika asked again nervously.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Why do you ask?" Her mother asked suspiciously, "Did something happen between you two?"

"Uh..... well..... kind of, but the point is that we had a fight yesterday at lunch time and she left school and she didn't come back. I thought maybe she had come home or something, so I didn't worry about it too much," Rika explained with a heavy sigh, "When I came home though she hadn't come home and she didn't come home this morning either." Her mother's expression went from curiosity to anger.

"And you didn't think to tell me this yesterday?!" Her mother asked in a firm tone.

"No because I thought she would come back at least this morning," Rika responded with a shrug.

"What's going on down here?" Ryoji asked curiously as he came into the kitchen bare chested. His eyes widened when he saw Rika's mother standing there.

"Good morning Ryoji," her mother greeted Ryoji.

"Oh, uh, sorry for being half naked," Ryoji apologized with red cheeks. Rika's mother stifled a laugh.

"It's alright Ryoji," her mother responded before she gave Rika stern look. Rika sighed heavily as she sat down.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, but what's with the long faces?" Ryoji asked curiously. Rika glanced at her mother before looking back at Ryoji.

"Ryohei's gone missing," Rika explained with frown. Ryoji frowned at this. He thought back to yesterday when he yelled at her and beat her up. She left on her motorcycle and never came back.

"Well, I'm sure she's fine," Ryoji reassured Rika with a comforting smile. Rika simply nodded as she glanced at her mother.

"I'll notify the police to see if they can track her," her mother said. Rika nodded as she got up. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Not hungry," Rika replied as she went upstairs.

"What about you Ryoji? Are you hungry?" Her mother asked curiously. Ryoji glanced at Rika's figure as it went up the stairs. "She probably just needs some time alone." Ryoji nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I'll eat," Ryoji answered with a sigh. Rika's mother tossed him a shirt.

"Here put this on," Rika's mother instructed. Ryoji stifled a laugh as he nodded and put the shirt on.

"Thanks," Ryoji thanked her with a small smile. Rika's mother nodded.

"So, you and Rika have been spending quite a lot of time together," Rika's mother remarked eyeing Ryoji. Ryoji nodded. "You, Ryohei, and the other boys seem to have had a falling out. Mind me asking what happened?" Ryoji paused for a moment before sighing.