17: The Fake Apology

Ryohei woke up feeling uneasy and upset. She had kept to her promise about continuing her snapchat streak with Yu, but he never responded. Then when she tried texting him and calling him he completely ignored her. Also when she contacted the others to see what was with Yu they all ignored her as well. When she had called all of them it had said on the screen that she could not contact them because they had blocked her number. Ryohei sat up in her bed staring down at her phone in worry. Yu and Keiichiro hadn't called or texted asking her if she wanted or even needed a ride to school today. It was like they were completely ignoring her. She wondered if she had done something to make them mad, but she couldn't think of anything that she had done.

"Well, no point in getting myself all worked up about it now," Ryohei mumbled to herself, "I'll see them at school anyways. I can ask them why they blocked my number then." Sighing, she got dressed before going downstairs. When she came into the kitchen her mother and Rika were already down there having breakfast. Rika was humming a song completely out of tune. Ryohei tried her best not to scrunch up her face at the sound as she entered the kitchen. "You seem to be in a more cheerful mood than you were yesterday Rika."

"Why yes. I am in a rather good mood," Rika responded with a smirk. Ryohei nodded and smiled at her sister.

"That's good to hear," Ryohei replied smiling as she took two pieces of bread and popped them into the toaster. Rika smirked evilly at Ryohei's back. Ryohei spread butter on her toast before coming to sit at the table with Rika and her mother.

"So, what's up with those boys of yours that you've been hanging out with?" Her mother asked curiously. Ryohei sighed heavily making a slight grin appear on Rika's face.

"Yes, do tell about these wonderful boys," Rika insisted as she spat out the word wonderful.

"They were ignoring my texts and calls," Ryohei explained curtly.

"Maybe they were just busy," her mother suggested with a shrug.

"I don't think that was it because they even blocked my number," Ryohei argued with another sigh. This had been about the 10th sigh this morning ever since she got up. Her mother looked at her in worry. Her youngest daughter seemed to be quite upset about this. She glanced at her eldest daughter who seemed to be smirking. She raised her eyebrow at her eldest daughter in curiosity.

"Rika, what's with the smirking?" Her mother asked. Rika's eyes slightly widened and her smirk fell to a frown.

"Tsk, it's none of your business," Rika said with a scoff as she stood up, but her mother grabbed her wrist and sat her back down.

"What was that Rika?" Her mother asked in a hard tone as she gave her daughter a harsh look. Rika tensed up.

"Nothing. I need to get to school," Rika responded as she rolled her eyes. Her mother sighed as she let go of her daughter. Rika scowled as she grabbed her bag and left the house, slamming the door behind her.

"That sister of yours is just like your father," her mother commented shaking her head disapprovingly. Ryohei simply nodded as she picked at her food. "Honey, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm ok," Ryohei replied with a nod, "I've got to get to school."

"Alright, see you later," her mother answered. Ryohei nodded as she stood up and grabbed her bag before approaching the front door. "Oh and Ryohei."

"Yeah?" Ryohei asked curiously as she turned her head slightly.

"Show those boys that you don't need them," her mother remarked with a smile. Ryohei smiled back at her mom before nodding then leaving the house. Ryohei felt her mood lighten up a little bit after talking to her mother. She grabbed her skateboard and skateboarded to school. It was a rather cold day. She wore her hoodie this morning. Her hood covered her head and most of her face. She still hadn't thought of anything that she had done to make the boys mad at her, but whatever it was she was going to apologize and hope that they forgive her.