11: A Kiss On The Beach

The bell rang for lunch. The first two classes had gone by reasonably quickly for everybody, except for Ryohei. During the whole first two periods Keiichiro, Rei, and Yu seemed to be constantly bugging her about every little thing as if to see who can get more of her attention. She was happy that the three of them seemed to want to hang out with her more, but she figured that she would at least get a little bit of time to herself during class. She avoided as much socializing with Rei as possible. The feeling of Rei's lips on hers made her lips tingle. She was still awkward about that. However, the warmth from Keiichiro's embrace seemed to make her disturbed thoughts about Rei go away. She felt safe in Keiichiro's arms despite the fact that she had been the one to save him.

"Ryohei, I know you can hear me," Rei's voice said bringing Ryohei back from her thoughts as she and the others walked down the hall to their locker bay. "Ryohei, stop ignoring me."

"I'm not ignoring you Rei. I'm just... avoiding you," Ryohei responded with a sigh.

"Wait, why are you avoiding Rei again?" Ryoji asked in confusion. The others shrugged in response.

"It's nothing Ryoji," Ryohei replied shrugging it off.

"There you go again, completely avoiding the subject," Akira remarked crossing his arms.

"Yeah, stop avoiding the subject Ryohei," Yu said as he nodded in agreement.

"I'm not avoiding the subject," Ryohei protested with a heavy sigh, "It's really nothing."

"Well, if you're not going to say it then I guess I will," Rei said looking at Ryohei then turned his attention to the others, "Yesterday, I kis-!" Ryohei's eyes went wide and she quickly clamped her hand over Rei's mouth.

"Ahaha, Rei can I talk to you for a minute?" Ryohei asked giving him a firm look.

"Do I have a choice?" Rei asked curiously.

"No, you don't," Ryohei responded shaking her head, "You're right. That was a stupid question." Ryohei dragged Rei far enough away, so that the others wouldn't be able to hear them. "Rei, don't tell them about that."

"Why? What's the problem?" Rei asked shrugging.

"The problem is that I am not ready to hear their constant teasing, especially from Akira," Ryohei explained crossing her arms.

"I guess that makes sense," Rei answered with a small nod, "They're going to find out anyways though, so why not tell them now instead of them finding out later?"

"Because I am still on awkward state. That's why!" Ryohei exclaimed sighing. Rei's eyes widened in surprise at Ryohei raising her voice.

"Sorry," Rei apologized looking away. Ryohei sighed.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you," Ryohei explained with an apologetic expression, "I just want to hold off telling them as much as possible."

"Ok, I won't tell them," Rei replied nodded in understanding.

"Thank you Rei," Ryohei thanked him with a bright smile as she hugged him. Rei's eyes widened at Ryohei's action, but he soon relaxed in her arms and he hugged her back. He rested his chin on her shoulder and nuzzled his face in her hair. He took a deep breath. Her hair smelled of green tea and honey. He smiled in content. Ryoji and Akira watched this in suspicion while Keiichiro and Yu watched this with jealously in their eyes.

"Are they a thing or something?" Ryoji asked raising his eyebrow.

"They better not," Keiichiro and Yu responded at the same time. Akira and Ryoji stared at them in confusion while glancing at each other.