Chapter 1-Mercy

y o u

It was cold misty night. The streets and crosswalks were empty and stores were closed. I was walking home from the store, groceries in my hands. I couldn't feel my finger tips from all the gallons of milk and juices I was carrying.

Out of nowhere I here sirens. As I look up I see cop cars driving down the street. I stop midway and look at the direction they were going. I see them turn a sharp left but then hear tires screatch as if it were making a rush stop.

I turn around and run in there direction, groceries in hand. I then made a left and to see cop cars, policemen, and...THE S.W.A.T TEAM?! I run towards them as their backs were facing towards me. They were surrounding a tree and I make my way towards them but stopped by a police officer.

"Ma'am im afraid you can no longer go any further than this.

"What's going on?"

"We have things taken care of so please head on back to your home"

"Is everything alright"

"Ma'am please, we have everything under control"

I then see a yellow light behind the man and awed in amazment. It looked so beautiful and bright. I was so curious what it was but I was only stopped my the police officer again.

"Ma'am I please ask you to turn around and head on h-"

I then suddenly hear yelling from a police officer which I was assuming was the captain. The man that blocked my way ran beside the other cops and pulled out his gun and pointed in the direction of the tree. Every other cop did the same ans I see the yellow light fading.

I walk forward and tried to peek through them but i was to crowded so I looked around and finally found a gap between two cops. I then set down my groceries as I walk up between the two men and look through the gap.

"HANDS UP WHERE WE CAN SEE 'EM"

My eyes widen with shock as I see a tall skeleton. He wore a black leather jacket with the the hood covered in white fur, his sleeves rolled up, and some kind of symbol on his left shoulder. He also wore a grey turtle neck, black baggy jeans, and black combat boots. His face had two cracks, one under his left eye and one above his right but continuing to the the back of his skull. I notice that his left eye or i should probably say eyesocket, began to flash a bright yellow.

"That jackass. This should be him not me" he whispers

I then see him raise his hands in the air slowly and close his eyes. He chuckled for some reason a walked forward towards the men.

"ON YOUR KNEES"

He slowly bends one knee to the ground and then another. I look at him with sorrow in my eyes. All of this, everything about this was just wrong. Just because he was a monster doesn't mean that we should all be treated differently. Especially when they're being hunted and killed because of this stupid war we are in.

But i snap out of my thought as I see the skeletons eyes open again. He then rises from the ground and starts to laugh.

"D*laughs* Do you honestly think im that weak to follow your orders"

"STAY WHERE YOU ARE"

"Humans are disgusting"

I then see him extend his hand in front of him and see his left eyesocket illuminating with a yellow orb inside. Out of thin air I see at lease a dozen bones by his side. The policemen hold up their guns, ready to shoot at any moment.

"Go ahead I dare ya"

"HANDS UP"

"You sure 'bout that"