20: Making a New Friend

School went by slowly, due to me being tired. I almost fell asleep at least twice in class. Not a great thing to do! But I'm sure I'm alright, it's probably my vampire form. I'm not really freaking out about it, more like curious. I mean, I'm not really fond of changes, but I adapt well with changes. How bizarre..

Anyway, lunch arrived and I got out of class as soon as possible. I left the boys behind, oops. Eh, they'll manage. While I was thinking about my vampire abilities, I noticed Yoo Jin bullying a delicate, small girl. When will this girl stop with her actions? I listened carefully, picking up any keywords as to why this girl would end up in this situation.

"Come on! Just give me your answers! You've promised them to me anyway." Yoo Jin growled at the girl, bringing her to the brink of tears.
"I didn't say anything! Can you stop asking me?" the girl protested, trying not to show weakness. Yoo Jin scoffed, before kneeing her stomach.

That's it. I can't allow this girl to end up like me.

"Hey, I would appreciate it if you would stop harassing her." I demanded, walking towards the group. I know it isn't my problem, but there needs to be action taken here.
"Wow, when did you become like this? I thought you'd end up in the hospital?" one of Yoo Jin's girls looked towards me, showing disgust.
"I don't know why you're asking for her answers, but no one can't hold your hand forever." I lightly nudged them aside, taking the girl's arm and walking her away from the group.

After turning the corner, the girl quietly spoke up. "I don't know you, but thank you." I smiled a little, removing my hand from her arm as we walked to a secluded area. Seems fishy, but I wanted to comfort this girl as much as possible.

Wait. When did I become this confident and strong? Weird..

"It's no problem. What's your name?" I ask, still smiling as I looked at her. She relaxed as soon as I looked at her, showing that she's now comfortable.
"My name is Yeo Min. I'm not that popular, hence why I ended up in that situation." she pushed up her glasses awkwardly. I chuckled, remembering what Yoo Jin did to me.

"Yeah, that was me, unfortunately. Yoo Min bullied me because I was hanging out with a group of guys that I lived with." I bit my lip, feeling the need for blood. I looked away from Yeo Min, not wanting to ruin her innocent image. I assume her face brightened up when she heard my description.
"Wait, you're Min Jee?" she asked, looking at me. I nodded, finding it strange how my name floats around.
"You live with EXO? Wow, that's nice. The reason why we call them EXO is because they're OUT of this world. Have you seen them? They're gorgeous and handsome..." she rambled on about them. I smiled. She seemed really enthusiastic about them.

"Do you want to come with me? I'll be sitting with them.." I ask, looking over at her. She froze in her tracks, turning pale.
"M-Me?! Why??" she asked, looking panicked.
"Well, I dunno. I was just suggesting, but it's alri-"
"YES. I will." she nodded, looking determined. Well, I guess it's now or never.

~~~~~

     I brought Yeo Min with me, hoping she wouldn't scream. Fortunately, she didn't. She stayed behind me, feeling shy.

"Go on, introduce yourself." I smiled, nudging her. She quietly creeped out from behind, blushing furiously.
"An-Anneyeong... My name is Yeo Min.." She muttered. Xiumin, her crush as she told me, looked over at her.

"Hey! Yeo Min? We had classes together, remember?" He waved at her, which made her even more awkward. She hid behind me again, whimpering softly. This earned a frown from Xiumin.

"Aww, it's okay. Come, sit with Sehun and I." I walk her over to the table, having her sit beside Suho and I. Sehun gave me a questionable look, earning a chuckle from me.

"New friend that I made. She was being bullied by you know who..." I emphasized. He nodded, scooting closer to me.
"She's not eating, can you give this to her?" He nudged a lunchbox to me, which I gave to her. She opened the box, being quiet. I raise an eyebrow, hoping she would get comfortable soon.

"Well, she's extremely shy. Is she alright?" Sehun whispered by my ear, earning a nod from me. I leaned closer to him.
"Just give her a break, she's been through a lot." I whisper back, knowing her situation.