Invite

Everyone had plans to go on vacation for a week. Sniper went to Australia. Heavy went back to Russia and he was the unfortunate soul that had to take Soldier with him. At least his sister will be happy to see Soldier. No one had a single clue where Spy went. Scout went to Boston. Pyro and Engineer went to Texas. Medic was going to Germany.

Then there was you.

You had nowhere to go. You really didn't have a family to return to or no one has invited you to go with them and you really weren't close with the other guys. There is Miss Pauling you can spend time with. But she hardly gets a break, which mean you'll help her with the dirty jobs she's usually tasked with.

For now, you just let the time pass as you lay in bed and looked at the ceiling just thinking. A soft knock at the door caught you attention. "Come in," you called out while sitting up. You were met with the Medic. "Hey. I thought you left." "Not yet. But I will soon. In about an hour." "Oh. Would you like to come in?" "Sure." You let him in and he sat on your bed. He smiled at you. "Are you going anywhere?" "No. I really don't see a reason why." "Well how about you come with me to Germany?" "Wait really?" He nodded and smiled. You loved his smile. You found it really cute. "Hold on. Are you being nice to me because you feel bad?" "No, dear I'm being serious. I would love for you to come with me." "Oh. Thank you." You smiled and gave him a hug. He had a small blush. He was happy that you accepted his invite. "So. You just need to bring warm clothes with you." "Alright." You went around your room to pack some clothes and other things you need. You tripped and fell on your face. "Are you alright?" Your voice was muffled. "Yep." "Do you need any help?" No I'm good." "Alright." When you packed up what you needed. Then, you and Medic went to catch a bus to the airport. "Sooo what is it like in Germany?" "It's pretty quiet. Most of the people are pretty friendly. They do speak English, so you don't have anything to worry about. They're a ton of sights that are unbelievable. We do get a ton of tourists. You'd like it." "That sounds nice." "The thing is, there will be some people that will try to rob you. Even though it doesn't happen often, try to watch your back." "Alright. I'll keep that in mind." "So what made you want me to come with you?" He had a slight blush. He couldn't come up with a reason. "Ah, nevermind. Scratch that. I shouldn't of asked that." "That's fine." He pat your head as he laughed a bit.

You and Medic have made it to the bus station. The both of you found a seat. The schedule said that the bus will arrive in three minutes. You were just talking to Medic. You noticed a group of men. They were staring at you. You tapped Medic on the shoulder and told him. They were catcalling you. Medic quickly kissed your forehead. He held your hand. His fingers intertwined with yours. Then he pressed his forehead on yours. You knew what he was doing. You had a huge blush on your face. He looked out of the corner of his eyes. The men stopped and their faces turned bright red. They walked away, embarrassed. Medic pulled away from you and saw your expression. "Sorry about that..." "uh-um i-it's okay hehe. At least it drove them off."

The both of you say in silence for a long three minutes. You were very drowsy. You fell asleep on Medic's shoulder. When the bus arrived, you were nudged awake. There was a ton of people in the station. You had to hold onto Medic's arm so you wouldn't get separated. People were very rude. It was like you were invisible. They would just walk straight into you. There was one man that bumped into you and started yelling. "Whatch where you're fucking going bitch!" Medic yelled at him. "Hey! Watch your mouth! Asshole..." "I thought that you didn't care if people cuss around you." "I don't care. I just didn't like what he said to you." "Oh." The both of you got on the bus. You sat at a window seat and Medic sat next to you.

On the way to the airport, the bus ride was very peaceful and quiet and there was little people. You were looking out the window, listening to some music. The bus reached a stop to pick up more people, which made you look away from the window. A group of sketchy looking people came on, which made you uneasy, and they sat near you and Medic. They were in the row across from you two. There were four of them. They had a really bad smell on them. They were laughing loudly and harassed some people in the bus. They were talking about things like drugs, prison, alcohol, sex, and other things that unsettled you.

You've noticed that one of them had some red on his lips and some on his cheeks, like he had candy that stain your mouth. He also had some red on his clothes and you started to get worried. 'Is that blood? Did he hurt someone?' You've noticed that the man reached in his pocket and pulled something dripping red out, but hid it the best he can. He bent over and opened his fist and your heart sank into your stomach. You start tugging on Medic's coat and looked over at you. whispered to him so the group couldn't hear you. "Do you see what that man has in his hand?" Medic turned his head slightly so he can see the man, but made it look like he was looking somewhere else. He saw that the man was eating something and red was dripping out of his mouth when he took a bite. He got a closer look. It was a human thumb. The four looked over at the both of you, especially with the man covered in blood. He looked over at you and grinned at you. His teeth revealed red all over his teeth and still dripping. Some of the bits from what he ate were stuck between his teeth. Then his licked his lips and dragged his finger across his throat. You buried your face on Medic's shoulder and had your hands gripping his his. Your breathing was heavy and you were starting to get shaky. Medic looked over at the men and slowly shook his head at them. He's starting to get pissed off. Medic can be pretty scary when he's like this, it even scares the shit out of the Heavy. The four people looked away. Eyes widened. Stiff posture. Looking forward. Silent. Medic pulled you close to him, letting you know that you'll be fine. Medic looked back at you and he pats you head with his free hand which made you calm down, knowing that he will protect you. You've always felt safe with him. You were tired, so you kept your head on his shoulder and fell asleep. Medic blushes and thought you looked cute asleep. He kept you close with his arm and lightly put his head on yours and kissed the top of your head.

The bus finally arrived at the airport and Medic gently nudged you to wake up. "We're getting off, walk in front of me and stay close." You were confused at the moment and realized that the group was still on the bus and they were behind you two, a few people away.