1. Into the Game

Hello to all who have decided to read this story! .... . ... . . . .. Basically, this fanfiction needs to be vErY hEaViLy EdItEd. Which it will be. So, before you start reading, just know that from here on out, until the very last chapter, I might even add some more, that this story is currently under maintenance with some heavy editing, so sorry if some chapters don't make sense.

Sorry for this big blob of rushed disappointment called fanfiction! Love you all and have at it!

          Chapter Edited 2/9/19

The game maker himself had just announced the showcase of his newest creation; Deathcon!

Everyone had a chance to test it out, competing in combat, sorcery and skill. The prize for last one standing? A huge reward; a whole five thousand dollar scholarship! Not only did the whole virtual reality complex sound totally awesome, but that much money saved up and tacked onto even more money for college?! Hell yeah!

Everyone who had attended this year's anime convention themed fundraiser for YH itched with excitement, many bouncing on the balls of their feet to show just how hyped they were.

Funneh sat at the cupcake booth restlessly swinging her legs back and forth in her seat. No one had even bothered to touch her icing-less monstrosities, which she was pretty sure they were all burnt and as hard as rocks anyway, except for one dude who she remembered calling himself Evan. Even then, though, he seemed pretty suspicious of them. She couldn't say she blamed him. Felecia had long since abandoned her to go wait in line with Britney, too. Both held Starbucks cups and spoke animatedly to each other.

The bluenette let out a hopeless sigh, gazing longingly at the almost surreal portal acting as an entrance into Deathcon. Every muscle in her body ached to just abandon her fundraising duties and hop giddily in line with Gold and Kyran, who actually stood in the back trying to get a few stragglers who hadn't yet made it to the large line and offered cupcakes. Of course, every teen denied, clearly disgusted within just one glance.

"Ughhh" She groaned miserably, laying her head between her arms. Gold noticed her best friend's reaction and finally decided that enough was enough. If Felecia could abandon the cupcake stand unnoticed, they why the heck not Funneh, too?

"Psst, hey." Gold poked Funneh's arm causing the girl to jolt up.

"Oh," The disappointed teen muttered, "Hey Gold."

      The brunette's molten gaze narrowed at her best friend almost quizzically before she broke into a dazzling grin.

"What do you say we ditch this old booth and get in line to enter Deathcon?" She smirked before jabbing her thumb behind her in Kyran's direction, an encouraging smile etched across his face.

"Yeah, I agree with Gold. I mean, we have no business left since Felecia completely sold out her cupcakes and hitched it, so what's the point?"

Funneh bit her lip at the logical thinking, still torn about being possibly scorned for leaving the booth or taking part in a super cool fighting game for five freaking thousand dollars.

The second option, now that she actually thought of it in this case, sounded significantly much better.

         Hesitantly, she stood from her stool and grabbed Gold into a spine-crushing hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She lat go of the poor girl and smiled ecstatically. The two were right. Why sit here and mope instead of having a blast and participating for that wallet-craving prize?

"Let's go!"

Flipping a sign which dangled from the arch of her booth from Open to Closed, the three friends sped to participate, only to bump into a shorter girl sporting a getup from Attack on Titan.