Life Roaming Mystically

Both sisters walk down to their school on Valentines Day with gift bags and smiels. “Hey Peny, how’s your relationship with Briyantt?” Ikarrus asked. As Peny’s eyes shone with the light of the morning she smiled and answered, “Really good. In two days we’re gonna make a full month together”.

“Not bad”.

“How about you and Adriann, you still seem a bit cold since your birthday on New Years”.

“It’s good and normal like any other relationship. I just can’t get what happened outta my head”.

“I still think you were drunk”. Peneloppe chuckled saying what she assumed.

“No Peneloppe, I saw our father sitting on the stairs, joining us in celebration. He looked so happy and peaceful”.

“Shut up, how could you say that?! Dad is not dead and he wasn’t there”.

“Yes he was I saw him. How do you explain all these years of him not coming back?”

“Stop it Ikarrus, he will come back and we will be the family we used to be”.

Ikarrus steped infront of Peneloppe and stopped her. They were whimping and holding their tears. “There is no way dad is alive, if anything, what I saw was a sign of him being in another place,” Ikarrus said softly trying not to hurt her sister.

“Just stop talking to me,” Peneloppe immediately ran down to school dropping one of her bags crying.

“Peny!” Ikarrus shouted breaking down and falling to her knees. Why wouldn’t she understand? Was she describing what she saw in an absurd way? She sighed and picked up the bag her sister left looking at the name tag on it.

“To my sweet sister who has cleaned my tears and made me laugh. Here’s for dyeing my hair and showing me how to use makeup. I love you so much Ikarrus and thank you!”   -Peny

“Wow I suck…” Ikarrus told herself with regret. Ikarrus kept walking to school alone in grief thinking about what she said she saw that night. Why would he appear like that? Was it even real? But there was a voice at the end that sounded familiar. A voice of a man she knew for a long time. This wasn’t a lie and it was time to talk about it to her friends and Adriann. They would understand atleast Adriann would, he would never doubt her neither would her best friends.

  When Ikarrus was already close to school and was able to see the gate she stopped to wait for the cars pass by. She was there for a minute and stayed staring at a pole when suddenly she saw a twinkle and awoke from the slight daydream to find herself about to take a step. She shook her head and began to cross as the light had already turned green.

  When she arrived she ran looking for her friends and only found Adriann for the moment. “Happy Valentines Day babe!” Adriann said hugging her.

“Thanks but I have to talk to you about something,” Ikarrus reclaimed trying to get his attention.

“Okay, tell me all about it”.

She explained everything and also told him about what she actually saw, adding that he was unaware of this. He opened his eyes and seemed confused. “Don’t you think that was the buzz from the alcohol or from so many sweets?” Adriann asked.

“No. My mind was perfectly clear and I know what I saw and what I heard. I’m not crazy,” Ikarrus said angry but trying to lower her voice.

“Okay, but will you accept these roses and try to get that off of your mind?”

“I just needed to tell someone I trust, I thought you would be more concerned”.

“Ikarrus I believe you, but I feel a bit upset because it’s our first Valentines Day together and I just wanted to give you a big surprise. I didn’t expect to receive bad news and see your eyes watery”.