The Belief

“Ikarrus”.

“Sylvinne”.

“You have done well”.

“I did?”

“Yes. You may speak with Anndre now”.

“Thanks but that won’t be necessary”.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I fucking did it so I’m happy”.

“Do you know where you are?”

“A place full of light, it’s…relaxing”.

“This is the gap between both our dimensions”.

“A gap?”

“Yes. This thin gap is called ‘hope’ a trait that is evaluated by every person, dead or alive”.

“Was that what got me here?”

“I believe so”.

“Am I dead?”

“If you were, we wouldn’t be speaking”.

“If I die, would we be totally different people or will we unite as one person?”

“Amusing, what brings you to that question?”

“I find that we have slightly different personalities”.

“That’s because I’m at peace”.

“Oh yeah, you said peoples personality change when they die. But I’m not dead”.

“Our souls can unite and split once you are dead and at peace. Since the soul is the core of the body, we can comfort the current mind”.

“That makes sense”.

“Any more questions?”

“There IS one more”.

“What may it be?”

“What now?”

“Anndre has the answer to that question. He says for you to make your wish”.

“My wish?”

“Yes”.

“Anything I want will come true?”

“Indeed”.

“Hmm…that’s a strong thing. I only have one, right?”

“Yes you do”.

  Ikarrus shut her eyes she searched throughout her mind the perfect words for her to use. As she said her wish she began to feel peaceful and worriless. Everything drifted away from her. Soon enough, everything was gone.

  It was evening and a sweet melody played in the room. It was nice and cool. Out the window was a beautiful city view where its lights lit up slowly. The silence in the air wasn’t unsettling or discomforting. Life felt amazing and full of possibilities. There was a future being looked forward to. The melody matched the mood and relaxed the atmosphere. Is this what life felt like? Whatever it is, it feels great. All the colors, the darkness and brightness, the truth of all the things around seemed to be what mattered. Appreciation flowed throughout the room. Lovely feelings spread and overflowed within the area, which kept the cool room a bit warm. I’m enjoying life. It’s perfect. I love life and I would never waste it. It is not a gift or an opportunity. It’s the free will of making your own decisions.

  She hugged herself with a smile. A tear crawled down her cheek and she sniffled. Whimpers turned that one tear to a waterfall of feelings running down her face. They were warm. She began to feel upset but what conquered that…what surpassed that was the appreciation and happiness of being able to live. She was lucky to have this life, she didn’t choose it and it’s not her free will. It was a chance. Hope was given to her in the tiny world where it existed. She looked at the distance out her window, full of joy. “You surprised me,” she said.

  Silence filled the room and the sweet melody’s volume slightly lowered. A chill crossed her body.

“I did, didn’t I?”

She gasped. “I still can’t believe you did this for me”.

“Why not? You deserve it. Go on, live!”

“This is the last time, isn’t it?”

“That we speak? Yeah”.

“How unfortunate”.

“I guess it is, for now”.

“Take care of everybody else”.

“I will, don’t worry”.

“Brilliant”.

“Aalex says to take care”.

“I will, same to everyone else!”

“Alright. I love you”.

“I love you too. Farewell”.

“Goodbye”.

“Thank you, Ikarrus”.

  The melody began to play loudly again.

♪”When she was just a girl,

She expected the world.

But it flew away from her reach,

So she ran away in her sleep.

Into a paradise,

Every time she closed her eyes”.♪