Ending Of The Lost Beginning

She gasped awaken by the sound of the mysterious voice and checked the time. It was 11:49 pm. Nothing but silence roamed through her house. There it was. “Another voice…” she whispered. She got up and took a shower completely disregarding the wrinkled papers and fallen notebooks on the floor. The phrase flew back and forth in her head. What did it mean? She sighed at the thought of giving up. After that warm shower she crawled back in bed, too lazy to get fully dressed or pick up the mess.

  The next morning Ikarrus woke up at 5:16 am. Unable to fall asleep once more, she forced herself up. She felt so depressed she shoved her incomplete homework in her book bag, but stared at it. Wondering if she should finish it. She already had her pen back. She still felt terrible about the fight. She finished it, after all it was only writing five sentences about the short poem given on Friday. It was only 5:24 am when she finished. She didn’t take a shower, she wasn’t in the mood or did she even feel dirty. She had a bowl of cereal and got dressed. When she went to clip her hair on the sides she realized her hair still hurt a lot from Peny pulling it.

  Ikarrus sat on the carpet floor and in attempt of pulling her shoes from under the bed she began to think about everything. Her father, mother, Peneloppe, Daniella and Adriann, they were acting so differently. So far Aalex was still the same. Her mother kept looking more drained from work as she barely rested needing to maintain three people. Her sister and best friend pulled themselves away and now Adriann thinks she’s mentally ill. What did those visions and messages mean? Why would she keep receiving those encoded messages? What was the big thing behind it? She felt so confused and alone. How come Aalex was the only one still on her side? So many questions raced through her head. Before she even realized she was laying on the floor grabbing her head and crying. Good thing she still hadn’t put any makeup on. “Why me?” she said sobbing.

  After half an hour she got up and washed her face to put her regular makeup on. She looked out the window with nostalgia for a moment and stared at her front yard. Ikarrus saw a sudden shining twinkle on the other side of her fence. She then heard a distant voice. Nothing the voice said sounded familiar or clear enough to understand. She grabbed her book bag and raced downstairs and shot out the front door quietly. Verifying that there was nothing on the other side of her gate she shouted, “What do you want from me?!” Ikarrus looked down and shook her head, closed her eyes and checked her phones time.

   She left her house at 6:10 am and walked slowly to school. Almost dragging her feet. The sun seemed dim but still annoyed her. Soon clouds covered the sky and it began to rain. She stopped by the backery and bought a bag of honey roasted peanuts and a doughnut until the rain stopped. She arrived at 6:57 am. She waited at the side of the school where Daniella would always have her parents drop her off like any other day. She finished her doughnut and saw her parents car arrive.

  She stood up with her head high but with her emotions hitting the floor. She looked at Daniella straight in the eye. She was getting closer then Daniella saw her and rolled her eyes trying to avoiding her. Ikarrus stopped her and stood firm. “Daniella what the hell is wrong with you?”

“Nothing I’m looking for Aalex,” she replied reluctantly.

“Bullshit, he’s not even here and you know he’s never here this early”.

“What’s your problem?”

“No. What is YOUR problem? You keep acting distant and like you and Peny are best friends”.

“Don’t you think you’re having one of your delirious visions? Ooh, I’m seeing things too”.

“Yeah I thought I saw a best friend but now I see a back stabbing bitch”.