Dream

Where am I, I feel like everything is moving slow. What is this place, it's chilling quite so.

This is the Dream, the place of your thoughts, the place where you memories and actions are brought.

Who are you and what do you mean? This was getting weirder, starting to drive me insane.

Maybe it was really just a dream, I guess you could say it was Hell, maybe?

Why, I'm your counterpart, and my name is Jitters.

Is this place Hell? Yes, filled with odd critters?

Nope I'm just joking, or have you no brain, it's the battlefield for your mind, the place for the insane.

But you could call it Hell, depends on how you look at it,

maybe, maybe not. It could possibly be Heaven, just with a large bottomless pit.

That doesn't make sense stop playing games with me.

Now you're really in trouble, I'm you, you see.

You make it seem as though we're two different people, I'm the part of your mind the part that makes you feel weak and helpless,

I'm scarier than the devil, isn't incredible?

No it really isn't... and I'm not insane, just leave me alone.

My dear young boy, where else will you go?

I don't even know, nor do I care, but I'm going some place where others won't stare.

But no one else cares, no one sees your struggle, just stay here with me perhaps we can cuddle.

That's the last thing I'll do, especially with a creep like you.

You foolish boy, you're me and I'm you.

That may be so, and you know what you're right, but I'm not giving up, not without a fight.

I'll prove you wrong, and face my fears, then I'll cry with victory and joy in my tears.

So go on and beat me, rough me up a little, I'll just get back up, just like I did when I was little.

You've made mistakes, you're nothing but a failure.

But remember there are others like me, who've also been failures, times will be hard, and life is a battle.

But it's what you learn from those mistakes, that allows you to handle, any obstacle in your way, it happens Jitters, every single day.

People change, and change again, and some of us are guilty of even playing pretend, but I no longer do, I'm different you see, I've got someone I believe in and that someone is me.

Alright that's enough I've had it with you, every mistake you make, I'll make sure to laugh at you.

I don't care Jitters, here take this pen and paper, shut up and sit down, write something useful, perhaps my mistakes, I'm sure it won't bore you, then when I'm a success I'll make sure to return, and laugh in your face, and then watch you burn.

I woke up after that, life gave me a restart, but I have only one life it's not a game where you press start, it's a battle to the death, a fight to the finish.

I promised someone I'd win this race, and I'm definitely not quitting.

But it wasn't very simple, what do I mean?

Yes you know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the Dream.