#Chapter9

"Well, for your information, Miss Choi Haerin, you are the first one."

Haerin was bewildered by his statement. "No way. You're kidding. You must be kidding, right?" She was confident that he was joking just to impress her.

"Well okay. You're not the first, but my friends are."

He grinned the moment she widen her eyes again. She sighed, shaking her head in disbelief. "Then why would you even brought me here, Jungkook? I'm nobody special." She continued devoured her remaining waffles.

He slowly leaned back to his chair. Gone that childish grin, now replaced with a flirtatious smile. "Maybe that's why." He replied, still got his eyes on Haerin as she indulged in the taste of the waffles. She looked up to him.

"Why?"

"Because my heart is empty and I need a nobody like you in it." He smirked.

"Don't even think about it." She used the same fork to point at his face again as he laughed before he calmed himself down.

"Okay so... What's up with your stunning outfit anyway? Were you having some kind of a party?" He asked out of his curiosity.

"Sort of." She simply answered, taking a quick sip from her milkshake. "Actually, it was my cousin's engagement ceremony."

He mouthed an 'O' as he nodded. "You looked pretty by the way." He expressed, but it sounded more like confessed. She was stunned by his compliment, but then she remembered this must be part of his act to make her fall for him.

"Thank you but nice try. You can save your flirty talks to other girls."

Jungkook was a bit offended by the comment, but still keeping it cool. "Is that what you think? A sincere compliment and flirty compliment isn't the same thing you know." He stated, trying to explain the different facts about complimenting.

"I know it's different." She beamed. "It's just the way you said it, I can't even differentiate." She added, but her voice was lowered as if she didn't want him to hear it. "But anyway, for your information, Jeon, I'm pretty much immune to any kind of talks or acts with an intention of none other than to flirt, so I am truly sorry for your loss. And by loss, I mean your failure."

She raised her glass up high and sipped the remaining milkshake. She did some silly movement of her body, dancing to her triumph.

"Why do you act like you're really hard to get? Is it because of your past boyfriend or what? He cheated on you?"

Jungkook threw his questions out of her consent. His patience had reached to its limit that he blurted out without thinking twice. When he mentioned the word 'boyfriend', it caught her off guard. She put down the empty glass back on the table, and just like that she left the dessert shop, leaving him bewildered behind.

"What I– H-Haerin! Hey... Wait up!"

Jungkook used up all his energy chasing after her. He managed to stop her from walking any further when he caught her by her arm. He fixated his eyes on her face.

"Haerin, what's wrong?" He asked, but the way Haerin kept her eyes to the ground was really bizzare to him. He gently lifted her chin up with his slender index finger and it took him by surprise to see some tears already trailing down her cheeks.

"What's wrong??" He asked againHe  placed his hands over her shoulders, being concerned to whatever that bothered in her mind. He was also worried that it must be the things he said to her earlier. Haerin took a deep breath, while he wiped her tears off.

"Nothing."

She shortly answered, convincing him that she's fine even though it was obvious that she's not.