{Part 3} Warmth in my heart

*Chara's POV*

Black

That's all I see.. but where am I... I wondered

Am I dead? Am I trapped somewhere? But  why is it so soft? Why don't I hurt? 

My curiosity and the traces of DETERMINATION that were left in my body made me try to open my eyes..

Wh.. What is this place? I wondered as I took a glance at  a pile of fresh heaven-smelling golden flowers...

*Asriel's POV*

My life is so empty down here, I wondered as I was playing with my wooden toy horse..

I'm so bored that I think I hear weird noises  and voices coming from the ruin's entrance..

B.. but wait...

-Mom..

-What is it, my child? Toriel said softly as always..

-Can I go on a walk to the back of the ruins to water the flowers?

-How come all of a sudden Asriel? Well don't be late because I'm making a delicious butterscotch pie and dad cannot wait..

- Ok ok... i'll be right back mom...

I started running to the place I've been hearing the weird noises from. It seems like something was forcing me to go there!!!

Suddenly, when I reached the little garden of flowers I was planting for so long, I saw a strange creature laying  on top of it... probably unconscious.... wait oh It's a human.. 

I stared at them.. They were a child.. They need my help.. They can be MY FRIEND..

-Uh h..hello.. Are you ok? 

-Where am I? 

-You have fallen down here haven't you? Let me help you get up...

-Th..thank you..!

-Um.. What's your name?

-My name is Chara..

-Chara huh? That's a nice name! My name is Asriel

-Hello Asriel.. But please tell me..Where am I? What is this place?

-You have fallen down the ruins.. It's the  first place you see when you fall down the UNDERGROUND..

-The underground?

-Yes, where we monsters are trapped.. But y.. you must be hurt Chara... let's go inside I will introduce you to mom and dad.. 

- Ok...

*Chara's POV*

Asriel?... A child like me?.... He cared to come to...SAVE me??? He helped me get up? He wants to be my FRIEND? I don't know what will my fate be when I meet his parents.. Will I be executed for being a human or they will show MERCY to me??

-Uh.. Come on Chara.. Stop daydreaming.. Let's meet them and then let's go to my room and play!!!! asriel said excitedly..

-Uh sorry.. I'm coming.. I said as Asriel led me to a light purple marble door of a palace...maybe

-Mommy!!!! Daddy!!!! Please come here!!!

- Ughh! Asriel! Haven't I told you not to scream? Dad is sleeping at the moment.. a soft warm-toned female voice replied..

-Ok then !!! I wanted to tell you that I found a new friend at the ruins today!!!!

-Asriel I hope it's not a flower again!!1

-No!!!! It's a human!!! A child like me!!!!

-A...human?? she said with a voice full of panic and curiosity.

- Yes!! A human look...

-[...]

-Um..Chara please come in!!! Don't be shy!! Asriel said calmly...almost pleasing me!!

I walked in slowly.. I was so exhausted and  miserable.. My face was lacking expressions as a result of my tears.. Suddenly I found my self in a warm, cozy house that was welcoming me even though it was just a house!!! Asriel's mom stared at me with a big smile on her face.

- Oh look at that sweetheart!!! Are you ok my child? She said while petting my head softly

-I.. am miss..

-Oh well.. How relieving! My name is Toriel!! Toriel Dreemurr.. The queen of the underground and monsters! Do not call me miss... you can call me mom if you want!

- M.. mom? I said as a tear dropped on my cheek..

-Yes!! Of course my child! Since you have fallen here.. I don't think you are able to go back.. so..um..if you like you can stay here with us and live as a family!.. 

Toriel's words filled my heart with an infinite warmth making me born again.. as a different person..

- Well, I was taken away? Wasn't I? I.. I haven's even ask you what's your name.. Oh Golly!! I'm so reckless!!!

- My name is Chara!

-What a nice name of yours.. MY CHILD

-Yay!! Asriel screamed as he was hugging me '' I will finally have a sibling!!! '' 

I couldn't bare the unlimited happiness this family was offering me that I burst out crying

-Uh Chara my child why are you crying?

-I.. I'm sorry...I am just really.. Happy!

-Aww my deary! We will be your family and we will promise you happiness and  love for as long as we are able to!! Toriel said as her eyes were noticeably watering

In this heart-warming atmosphere, an unfamiliar raspy voice was heard..

-Uh.. Tori, Asriel, where are you..

-Oh it's him.. Asgore!!! My child don't worry!!! It's...dad!!!!

A dad? Another simple word refilled my heart will DETERMINATION

-Asgore my dear!!! We have a new member in our family. Toriel said impatiently while dragging the grown man's cape.. 

-Yes daddy! Let me introduce you to my sibling and best friend Chara!!! Asriel said as a spark flashed in his eyes

The king approached me and stared at me curiously, examining me with his eyes.

-Well well, howdy little one? he said as he soflty pat my cheek with his hand. '' You must be really tired'' Tori why don't you make the child a cut of tea along with some of you delicious pie? Asgore said feeling awkwardly excited.

-Great idea Gorey!! she said while giggling softly

-Now now!!! Come on Chara!!!! Asriel said while grabbing my hand Let's have breakfast like a family!!! 

I nodded my head and smiled shyly 

- Hey Asriel! I said quietly.

- Um what is it Chara? 

- Thank you!

                                                                              ~to be continued~