{Part 5} Emotions

*Asriel's POV*

I  blinked my eyes as I sensed the sweet scent of mommy's butterscotch pie.. This time it was different... A little bit of cinnamon had been added. I slowly got up and saw Chara rolling in the bed like crazy. They were sweating and murmuring words, like something was bothering them. In a minute Chara woke up screaming..

-NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! they said as they were panting heavily

- Chara are you ok? I asked as I went closer to them

-Ugghh it.. it's nothing.. It was all a bad dream but... strangely it felt so real..

-Well you are fine now! You are here with me Chara! I comforted them 

-Thank you so much brother!

-Oh look! Mom has a surprise for us!! A piece butterscotch pie for each!!

-Great!! Let's eat it! they said as they dragged the plates closer to us. 

Suddenly a soft, playful door knock was heard. It must be mom!

-Knock knock!

-Who's there? me and Chara replied simultaneously

-It's Tori the goat mom! May I come in my children?

-Yes mommy! we replied 

-I see you are awake my loves! And as I see you ate the butterscotch pie! Did you notice any difference Chara my child? 

- I did mommy! You added some cinnamon! Cinnamon is humans' favorite spice! They use it in almost every food!

- Well glad you like it honeys!! Now mom's got to go to help daddy groom the garden!

-Ok! See you mom, I replied with a blushed smile on my lips...

*Chara's POV*

Everything appeared to be sweet and spicy.. But for me... the bitterness inside my soul was trying to absorb me. This nightmare I saw.. It's not a random nightmare little kids have.. It was a sign of fate. Back in the human world they said that seeing flashback of your past in your dreams indicates the future and predicts your fate. What I've been seeing the whole time I was asleep was me being tortured by my own self without wanting or being able to avoid it.. But the worst part was that I couldn't surpass my OWN power limit. my own DETERMINATION.. 

-Hey, Chara.. Are you daydreaming? Asriel said while waving his hand in front of my face.

- Uh... Oh I'm sorry... Sometimes I do! Heh! I replied..

-Well it's ok!! Can I tell you something Chara?

-Sure brother!!!

-Can we go somewhere I know? I'd like to show you a place I love but never got the chance to show anyone...

-Well, I'd love to! I smiled to him..

-Well follow me brother!!!

Asriel led me to the basement when mom and dad where busy. He walked hastily until he reached an elevator.. He grabbed my hand and entered it with me. He pressed a button with some weird symbols and characters and activated it.. In less than a minute we had reached a place called waterfall..

-What's this place Asriel? 

-Well we are in a part of the underground called waterfall. But we are not there yet! Just follow me!

I followed Asriel in a place surrounded by weird and creepy monsters until we reached a small strange path. 

-So Chara, do you mind if you close your eyes because i want this ti be a big surprise

-Ok brother. I mumbled as I was led by Asriel 

- Ok you may open your eyes now..

When I opened my eyes I was captivated.. It was the view of a beautiful castle accompanied by a great level of light..

- Oh my God Asriel!! This... is the prettiest view I have ever seen! 

-I know right? he giggled.. But now Chara you must be wondering why we are here..

-I do actually..

-Well I wanted to give you something I had been keeping for so long..

-T.. to give me something? I have never been given a gift

-Well it's not the best one but..it means a lot to me..so here you are

I opened the palm of my hand and Asriel placed a beautiful golden heart locket pendant on it

-It's a heart locket Chara.. It's the most precious belonging of mine..I have written our names in it.. i want you to have it..

-It's so beautiful.. Asriel, I will never remove it from my neck..And you know why? Something so precious to you is so precious to me because YOU are precious to me! 

And you know why? Something so precious to you is so precious to me because YOU are precious to me! 

-Thank you for accepting my gift Chara..Nowie let's lay down here and relax

-Okay, I replied as I was laying on the soft ground

-By the way Chara, let's eat some chocolate.. I hope you don't mind

- I love chocolate so much!! It's one of my addictions.. even though I never got to really enjoy it

-Then we can eat some together and enjoy it!!!!

-Yay!!! I replied...

I am filled with happiness..

~TIME SKIP~

It's been a long time since I have fallen down here. I have a FAMILY that I can trust and overall MY BEST FRIEND that I can rely to anytime! And loads of   chocolate.. Me and my family have been through a lot.  We moved to the core that our royal scientist W.D Gaster designed. Now our house is actually a Castle! My dad has finally his own large garden and my mom gives young monster lessons in order to become smarter. After a while Christmas arrived and we went on holidays in Snowdin, a very cold place of the underground..We had loads of fun.. But even if so much time has past, even if everything goes wrong, even if every day is filled with daylight... I lose my sanity and emotions when I'm sleeping.. Every night I have the exact same nightmare.. But night by night it gets stronger and stronger..I feel like the past is haunting me and slowly takes over the inner me.... I am scared.. 

                                                                               ~ to be continued ~

(Disclaimer: the picture that is used does not belong to me but I had to use it)