{Part 9} The lights are off

*Chara's POV*

I feel it coming.. It slowly takes me away.. Death.. But I am surprised that I don't feel pain. I know that as soon as I close my eyes, my emotions will be released and instead of me, the pain that has got over my entire body.. will die.. My weakness didn't let me stay conscious for long. I walked to my bed.. I hope no one will panicked about me.. I will be fine. As soon as I have them..

*Asriel's POV* 

I am worried... Lately, Chara started behaving weird again.. Maybe they feel guilty for dad's poisoning.. But it's not their fault.. I have to find them and explain them.. But, where are they?

After a while I thought of searching in our room. Chara likes staying alone sometimes.. Maybe they feel better that way but... I feel like I need to see them..  I am in need of talking to them. I finally reached our room. Strangely, the door was locked.. I decided to knock.

-Chara! Are you there? Let me get in! I want to talk to you

For some reason they didn't answer, but something was telling me they were there.. I decided to use the spare key we had in the drawer next to our room.

I unlocked the door

Chara.. Chara is there.. But.. they are sleeping.. It's not the time Chara sleeps..

-Psst Chara! It's me your best friend..Wake up already!

They don't answer..Why are they so pale? I am getting worried

-Chaaara! Wake up! Let's talk! Why can't you wake up?

Suddenly, they slightly open their eyes..

-... A..sri..el..

-Chara what is happening? Please talk to me!

-I...I...ate...the flowers brother...they said as they tried to breathe

-No...you didn't..stop joking already...please Chara I'm afraid..

- D.. don't you worry brother...I might..still..be..fine

-Chara no! Please you will be fine.. I'll always be here next to you..

-This might be the end brother...they said while getting paler..

-Don't say that again..You are a strong one..I said as tears were running down my cheeks.. '' I will call mom and daddy.. They will save you!'' '' MOM, DAD PLEASE COME HERE'' ''PLEASE''

Suddenly mom and dad came to our room shocked from my screams and cries..They saw them..

-MY CHILD!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU! mom said while not being able to hold her tears 

-Chara.. No.. You can't..You can't leave us..But.. Why are you sick? dad said while a depressing look took over his face

-They..Ate the flowers..The buttercups.. i cried in despair

-I... I'm sorry...I'm sorry mom, I'm ssorry daddy..A.. and overall I'm sorry Asriel.. they said while coughing drops of blood

-Y.. you can't give up now.. Y..you are going to be alright..Don't lose hope.. You are the future of humans and monsters.. Please.. Chara, stay DETERMINED.. dad cried..he couldn't hold it

-My child.. Why did you do that? We are nothing without you.. Please stay determined.

I stared at them..They had their eyes barely open.. Eventually they smiled at me..

-We can't... *cough* do anything now, Asriel.. My plan..will, fail

-WHAT KIND OF PLAN CHARA? WHY DID YOU PLAN THIS? YOU KNOW I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU CHARA..I'M SO LONELY WITHOUT YOU..YOU ARE MY HOPES..YOU ARE MY DREAMS.. YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING..I cried and hugged them.. '' MOM, DAD PLEASE HELP THEM, FIND AN ANTIDOTE PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU''