Quidditch and Potions

Jasmine's POV:

~ Time Jump - A Month Later ~

"Jasmine, do you know any ways to get rid of dementors?" Harry asked curiously. We were all sitting in the library working on our weekend homework. "You could use the Patronus charm, but it's very powerful magic. Wizards your age usually aren't capable of producing a full patronus, but it's not impossible." I replied. "Could you teach me?" He asked curiously. "I would, but I'm far too busy to teach you properly. You should ask one of the professors to help you." I said as I finished the last part of my homework. "You should ask professor Lupin. He seems to have taken a liking to you, Harry." Hermione said before she dipped her quill into ink. "I could, he's probably the only one willing to help me." Harry replied. "I'm not quite sure he'd help you soon; Did you notice how weak and sickly he has been looking?" Ron said, looking up from his work. "You've noticed too?" I asked. "Well, whatever it is....it must not be too bad. He's still teaching his classes." Hermione chipped in. "Yes, but he was like this last month as well." Harry pointed out. "Actually....he hasn't been. Professor Snape has been teaching his fourth year slot for the past three days." Said in a hushed tone. "What do you think is wrong with him?" Ron asked in a hushed tone as well. "I have a theory, but it all depends if Lupin is teaching your class Monday evening." I replied. "Anyway, did you hear what happened to Draco? He got injured in Care of Magical Creatures yesterday. Buckbeak hit him in the arm; I can only imagine what lies his father will come up with during the hearing." Hermione said. "Well it serves him right for not keeping his nose to himself." Ron said. "You can say that again." I said with a slight laugh. I saw Draco's arm in a sling earlier, but I didn't know what happened to him. "We better get to lunch." Ron said as he packed his things up. We did the same and headed to the great hall. I sat at the Slytherin table like always and dug into a nice looking sandwich. "Excuse me, Jasmine is it?" A blond haired Slytherin girl said. "Yes?" I said in a questioning tone. "Well....I'm failing Snape's class, and I was wondering if you could help me with my homework." She said shyly. "I won't be giving you the answers, but I'll help you find them. What are you working on?" I said. I could tell she was about Harry's age, so assumed she was working on the same thing they were. "It's on the wolfsbane potion. We just have to write a short essay on the effects." She replied as she sat down next to me. "Couldn't you find it in your textbook?" I asked her curiously with furrowed brows. "I left it in the potions room one day, and Snape refuses to give it back to me." She said with red cheeks. "Well....I'll just tell you since it's easier. It allows werewolves to maintain their mental facilities after transformation." I replied. "Thanks." She said with a grateful smile. "You're welcome." I replied before she headed over to her friends. I finished my lunch and headed towards the library, but I stopped short when I overheard someone talking in a broom cupboard. "You need to make me some wolfsbane potion." I heard a whisper male voice say. "Why? So you can keep your true nature hidden?" The silky baritone of Snape replied. I quickly walked away and headed to the library like planned. I didn't have to know of Lupin was teaching his classes on Monday; what I overheard told me all I needed to know. Remus Lupin is a werewolf. I finished my homework and headed to the Slytherin common room to reach my dorm. I took off my shoes and sat down on my bed, grabbing my art supplies. The best thing, is that I had a dorm room all to myself. I began to draw a cool looking journal in my sketchbook. I was attempting to apply the skills I read in the book I let Hermione borrow. Once I was finished drawing it the way I wanted and colored it in I cast a spell over it. I was hesitated at first, but then reached my hand into the page, pulling out the very journal I had drew. "Sweet!" I said out loud as I examined my creation. I opened it, and I was surprised that it was a fully functional journal. I tried the same thing a few other items, such as a quill and some potions vials. All manufactured from my very own creation. I checked the time and I decided to go walk around the grounds a bit before dinner time. "What are you doing so close to the Quidditch field? As far as I know you don't play Quidditch, Miss......Shacklebolt." The velvet voice of professor Snape spoke from behind me. "I was going on a walk before dinner professor, I hope you don't mind," I said as I turned around. "Perhaps you'd like to join me?" I said in a questioning tone. "Actually, I wouldn't mind." He replied. We walked down to the Quidditch field and headed back towards the castle. "How are your other classes going?" He asked curiously. "They're going good. I'm really enjoying your class, professor; Along with several others." I said with a slight smile. "I'm glad you enjoy my class Miss. Shacklebolt. Speaking of potions, I was wondering if you'd like to be my assistant next year." He said. I was taken aback for a moment. I thought he would give the assistant position to Draco; he is his favorite student after all. "You're assistant? Me?" I asked slightly shocked. "Of course, your excellent at potions. However.....you must pass your OWL's and next year." He pointed out. "Of course. Thanks for considering me for the position." I said with a smile. I was genuinely excited to say the least. I couldn't wait until I became a potions assistant for Snape. "You're welcome Miss. Shacklebolt." He said with a vague smile on his lips. We walked into the great hall and I sat at the Slytherin table. "Jasmine is the new teacher's pet. I bet Snape was telling her how he's going to give her a good grad on her recent potions essay." I heard Draco's voice say from down the table. "You're just jealous, Draco." The blond girl I helped earlier said. "Why would I be jealous of a filthy mudblood American?" Draco sneered. "Because she's better than you, and she's receiving more favoritism from Snape than you." She replied. "Shut up! No one asked for your opinion." Draco snapped. I ignored the rest of his ramblings and enjoyed my lovely meal. Once I was finished I headed to my dorm and read some of my potions book. I wanted to make professor Snape proud, which meant I needed to pass my OWL's with flying colors. After a while someone knocked on my door. "Who is it?" I asked curiously. It ended up being the head girl of Slytherin house. Apparently Sirius Black was in the castle and we all had to go to the great hall and sleep for the night. For some reason I found it hard to believe, but I followed orders anyway. I secretly believed it was professor Lupin, especially due to the rips in the fat lady's painting.

~ Time Jump - Quidditch Match ~

"Hey, you should come to the Quidditch match today." Harry said as we walked out of the great hall. "I would love to, but I have some stuff to do. I'm sorry Harry, I really am." I said. I was working on my regular homework and studying extra potions material as well. "Why is it that you're always busy? It's not like Snape has you taking extra lessons." Ron said. "Well, not entirely." I replied. "What do you mean, not entirely?" Hermione asked curiously. "Come here," I said as we walked into the library. "That day Snape and I walked into the great hall together he asked me something important." I started after I cast a spell on our area, so no one could hear us. "What did he ask you?" Harry asked curiously. "He asked me if I would like to become a potions assistant. He said I'd have to get outstanding in his class this year and next, and I'll have to pass my OWL'S with flying colors." I replied. "So you've been studying extra potions stuff. Well....why can't you take a break from it?" Ron said. "Ron, you don't understand. Snape is a hard teacher to please, and if she knows more than she needs to it will impress him. Especially when she starts the assistant position. He might even get her an apprenticeship here at Hogwarts after she graduates." Hermione said. 'At least someone understands.' I thought to myself. "Why would you want to work for that greasy git?" Ron asked. "He's actually not that bad once you get to know him a little more." I replied. "Yeah, but you're a Slytherin and you're amazing at potions. Of course Snape is going to love you, you're his dream student." Ron said. "We better go, or you're going to be late to the match." Hermione said after she checked her watch. "You're right, see you later Jasmine." Harry said. "See ya." I replied. I headed up to my dorm room and started reading again. An owl tapped on my window, so I got up and opened it. I gave the owl a treat and it flew off, leaving me a letter. 'Who on earth could be sending me a letter?' I asked myself curiously.

Dear Mrs. Shacklebolt,

I was wondering if I could borrow you from your Gryffindor friends today. I want you to organizing potions and potion ingredients for me. It'll help you memories the placement of them; it'll come in handy once you start the assistant position. I will understand if you have other class work to complete.

- Snape

I didn't bother writing a reply. I doubted that any owls would be willing to fly, especially since it started raining. I grabbed my books and headed down to the potions classroom. I wondered what was going to be in store for me today.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading! I'm so sorry for the late update. Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3