Valentine's Day

A/N: Above is the necklace Jasmine receives from a certain someone. ;) *CUTENESS OVERLOAD WARNING!*
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jasmine's POV:

School was in full swing again, and Valentine's day was just around the corner. I've always disliked Valentine's day, mostly because I thought it was overrated. I knew not to eat anything I was given around this particular holiday. I had a feeling Fred and Gorge would be pranking people with love potions. "Jasmine, aren't you excited for tomorrow?" Hermione asked me curiously. "Why should I be?" I asked curiously. "Tomorrow is Valentine's day." She replied. "So what, I hate Valentine's day." I said. "Her Slytherin is up today, it seems." Harry said, which made us laugh. "I heard Justin is going to send you a valentine tomorrow." Ginny said. "You mean that shy Hufflepuff boy?" I asked curiously. "Yeah." She replied. I shrugged my shoulders and focused on my potions homework. "Don't you think he's cute?" She asked after a while of silence. "No." I said with a slight laugh. "She's not a dating type Ginny." Ron said. "How would you know?" Ginny asked curiously. "Yes, please enlighten us." Hermione said with a slight edge to her voice. "Dean saw Snape take her ex boyfriend down. I don't think she's going to jump into the dating scene anytime soon." Ron replied. "Oh." Hermione said, relaxing a bit. I could tell Hermione was starting to like Ron a little more than just friends, but I decided to keep quiet. "Well, we better get to class." Harry said as he checked the time. We all broke apart to attend our classes, and I wondered if Justin really was gonna give me a valentine. I desperately hoped he didn't, because Severus has been acting strange. He was shooting daggers at every guy that stopped to talk to me during breakfast. I wished he would be the one to give me a gift, but for some reason I felt like he wouldn't. After classes I headed to my dorm room to change out of my robes and put on something more comfortable. I found a box of chocolates from Gorge and Fred on my pillow, which I tossed in the trash. I wasn't taking any chances with a love potion prank. I finished my homework and headed to the great hall for dinner. I was surprised at how fast time went by. As I walked towards Slytherin tower I was grabbed from behind and pulled into a broom cupboard. "What are you doing?! You could have given me a heart attack!" I whisper yelled at Severus. "I'm sorry." He said as he hugged me. "It's okay, I forgive you." I said as I relaxed in his embrace. He chuckled and let me go. "I bet you're wondering why I snatched you." He said with a look in his eyes that made my spine quiver. "Um...a little." I replied with a nervous laugh. "I wanted to ask you if you'd like to hangout as the kids say nowadays." He said, which made me laugh. "I'd love to." I replied with a smile. "Good. Meet me in the potions classroom after breakfast tomorrow morning." He said with a slight sparkle in his eyes. "Okay." I said as he gave me another hug. Severus and I have become very close over the Christmas holidays, and I was so grateful for it. I have been noticing some slight changes in him though; they odd, but I don't mind them. He even sends me owls during the weekend which I told him was unnecessary, but he insists on it. He said that way he can keep in contact with me if he's busy grading papers, etc. "I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight Jasmine." He said sweetly. "Goodnight Severus." I replied before I walked out of the broom cupboard. I headed to the Slytherin common room and crossed paths with Draco Malfoy. 'Here we go.' I thought to myself. "Where were you Shacklebolt? Snagging that mudblood Justin Finch Fletchley?" He said, which made his goons laugh. I ignored him and headed to my dorm; I didn't feel like arguing. I'd rather daydream about professor Snape. 'Wait....what?" I asked myself curiously. After I thought about it a little I realized I have been daydreaming about Severus a lot recently. 'Get it together, Jasmine! He's your professor! There's no way he feels the same way.' I thought to myself. 'But, haven't you noticed the way he had been looking at you?' My subconscious replied. It was right; his eyes gained a little warmth in them when he saw me, and they seemed to sparkle when we were alone tonight. I tried shaking the thoughts out of my head and focus on my homework. After I was finished I changed and got ready for bed. I wondered what tomorrow had to bring.