Chapter fourteen

Frank sulked in the back of the cell. The bench he sat on was tattered, bent out of shape from the hundreds of bored people who had sat in his place. Teenagers flanked around him, some talked, some scratched at the walls and some, were in the same predicament as him. Bored.

He had failed. He let Gerard go. Sure, he was sure Ray was watching them and stuff. But, what happens when his kitten is in a life or death situation? Would Ray be able to save him?

Frank didn't know.

"Iero you got a visitor!" Frank stood quickly, if it is who he thinks it is, he's going to be extremely happy.

Frank shuffles through the people milling around. The officer opens the door quickly, slamming it and locking it with force. The young boy holds out his hands, so they can be put in to long chain handcuffs.

He's led through the halls of the police station, looking longingly at the door where their interrogation had occurred. Only three days and Frank had been having pains in his stomach from being away from his kitten for this long.

The officer holding his arm led him to another room, further down the hall. The officer opens the door and there sitting in a seat, separated by bullet proof glass, is the boy he'd been yearning for for three days. Gerard.

Frank rushes over, pulling out a chair and grabbing he phone on his left in the small cubicle. Gerard puts his hand up to the glass and Frank follows suit. Both boys visibly relax, the knots in their stomachs loosening a little.

Gerard studied his mate, bags hung under Frank's eyes and scruff had fully taken over his neck, lower cheeks, and upper lip.

"Hey, I'm sorry I couldn't come soo-"

"It's okay, you're here now. You're safe.
That's all that matters." Gerard nodded, tears once again pooling in his eyes.

"Your mom had called her lawyer and she's talking with him now, she wishes she could be here." Gerard said, wiping his eyes on the sleeves of his sweater.

"You're okay. I'm alive. That's all that maters Gee." Gerard shook his head.

"I'm not okay Frankie. I've been having nightmares without you there, stomach aches, I can't stop crying." Gerard's hand slides down the glass and Frank moves his back across from it.

"Do you know how long until you guys can get me out?"

"No." The two boys sigh as Frank puts down the phone to rubs his eyes quickly.

"The law people were telling us about how it's illegal to do this to you." Frank's head snapped back up.

"How?"

"They say that they possibly can't have enough evidence to keep you here. Your a minor, which means it's illegal to keep you in a holding cell with out contacting your parents. That could mean these are shifter hate acts. That means we could sue a whole lot of people." Frank nods yet again. This time he knows there's some hope. His parents would never abandon their only son like this and he was basically a Way. So, he knew he was in good hands.

"Times up Iero!" Gerard paled, looking to the clock and back to his mate's face mutable times.

"They keep saying my name wrong." Frank chuckles, trying to calm his kitten's nerves.
The man in the uniform comes to drag him away and Frank holds onto the phone for as long as the cord goes.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Gerard cries, running back into the front of the police station and falling into Ray's arms. Ray had taken what Frank had said to heart, barley leaving the Ways alone. He didn't think they minded which is good, because Gerard needed a lot of shoulders to cry on.

"H-he looks sick and tired and I can't help him!" Gerard sniffed. Donna rubs his back.

"We're going to get him out soon." Mikey reassured him, something he'd been doing a lot recently.

"SOON ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!" Multiple people around them startled and looked angrily at Gerard. He was starting to break down. His separation from Frankie was getting the better of him. Why wasn't he allowed to see him earlier? Why did they deny him access to see his mate? Gerard felt like he was slowly dying. His lack of sleep turning off parts of his brain. He just wanted his boyfriend, was that too much to ask for?

Elena sat, reading her book as Gerard lay beside her on the couch. A zombie movie danced across the TV screen and the teen fought to keep his eyes open. Those three sleepless nights had started to catch up to him. Mikey lay behind him, wedged in between the back of the couch and his brother. He knees hit Gerard's back in a pattern.

Every night seemed to be like this, he thought, before Frankie, there was not as much excitement happiness as there was now. Now, it was as if for the last few years of his life, Gerard had been constantly high. It was a sickening was to put it but, with out his little Frankie, Gerard seemed to be running out of this happy drugs.
That scared him.
What if he never got them back?

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

You all must hate me. The whole four of you.

Any way THAT COVER! I don't think I'm ever going to stop with that cover.

New update tomorrow! Votes and comments are always appreciated! I'll see you peoples tomorrow! (So many exclamation points, Geez)