Chapter 1 - Not an Anger Problem but a Promise

I kicked him straight in the face and didn't hold back. He was going to punch my left cheek but I saw it coming and ducked. He looked surprised by the action and then I took my chance and did a round house kick. I knocked him out cold.

I know what your thinking. 'Why the hell was she beating up that poor guy?'.

So listen here I'm not beating him up cause he stole my secret candy stash but if he did he would be dead.

I do this for money so does that guy. It's my job. Our job. The only difference is that he decided to go up against the undefeated champion.

His Lost. My Gain.

No, I don't have an anger problem. Looks like I have to catch you up for you to understand me.

~~~~4 Years Ago~~~~
"Daddy is she coming back? Where did they take her?" I ask daddy as they take mommy's body away. That was after the heart-y machine-y thingy made a weird noise.

"Alexis, honey your mommy is in a better place." He looked straight into my eyes with tears coming out of his.

"I-Is mommy d-dead?" I asked with pools of  unshed tears threatening to pour out.

"I'm so sorry Alexis I know she meant so much to you. To all of us really but you have to be strong." He pulled me into a big hug and my tears poured out.

"I miss h-her already daddy!" I shout and my tears and snot wetting his shirt.

"Hey daddy what happened?" My little brother comes in on us crying.

"Mommy went to heaven but don't worry Aden I'll be strong like daddy told me to." Aden was to small for all of this his only 6. I hugged him and made myself a promise.

I will never let you go.

~~~Months Later~~~

"Dad please stop!" I asked as he left the house with no more words except "I can't stay here when you look like a fucking spitting image of her!!"

"But dad what about Aden!? What about me?!" I followed him to his car while he got in.

"Take care of Aden and yourself." He drove away. How could he do this. I can't take care of a 6 years old. I'm only 13!

I can do this. I'll tell every one he's on a business trip.

Great idea.

~~3 Months Later~~
"Miss King can you please stay. I need to have a word." I nod. All the student are gone and it's just my and my teacher, Miss Green.

"How's your father? Is he back?"

"Umm he's fine." I purposely ignored her second question.

"That's great! Is he back?"

"Umm no. He'll be back next mouth." Liar.

"That's what you said last mouth. Are you sure he's coming back?" I nod and take a step back.

"Can I go now?" I ask nervously. She nods her head and mumbles an " I'm sorry."