Chapter 24 - Prom

Teaser

"I am not wearing that." I stare at the dress he's holding feeling like I already had this conversation with him before. "Derek, can't you be normal? Enjoy sports, hate shopping, love food...." I let my sentence drag on. "Alexis I'm more of an art person and when are you going to understand that, as your only friend, I'm just trying to help you achieve happiness so you don't end up old, wrinkled, alone, and depressed with 15 cats that don't even love you back."

I let the words sink in, and I honestly don't know weather to thank him or feel offended. "I don't even like cats. Plus I do have other friends." I cross my arms over my chest staring at him look through other dresses. I watched him stop looking through the rack and smirked at me. "Name one."

"I have..." I stop to think. "RYAN! Yup, Ryan is another friend I have." Derek shakes his head in disapproval. "Boyfriend's brother doesn't count." I stand there defeated and he waves the dress in front of me again. I roll my eyes snatch the dress the dress from his hands and head to the dressing room.

"And if you don't like that one try these two just in case." Derek says from the other side of the door throwing the dresses on top of the door. "Okay whatever, Fairy Godfather." I hear him laugh from the other side which makes me chuckle a little.

"While you do that I'm going to try on some suits. Just come out with the dress you think is best." He informs me. "I can't take care of myself. Just go." I hear Derek laugh again. I didn't like any of these they were too... not me.

I exited the dressing in search of a new dress, going through isle and rank. That's when something red poped out in the corner of my eye. I pulled it out and gasped. "This is it." I smiled to myself and headed straight to the dressing room again. "Are you done?" I hear Derek from the other side.

"I need someone to tell me how hot I look." I laughed and open the door. He was fixing his suit and when he looked up at me his eyes widened and his mouth opened. I smiled at him. "That's..." He cleared his throat. "You look... Wow." Derek said breathlessly. "That's not what I picked out but I'm glad you didn't listen to me."

I thanked him and complimented him as well. "We seem ready for tonight." I say and he nodded. "Let's go."

***

"It's fine, Candice. Trust me I love it." Derek dropped me off at home and ever since Candice looked at the dress she's done my makeup, hair, and told me to shave...everywhere.

"You really like it?" She says coming into view of the full length mirror I was standing in front of. "Yes, I couldn't possibly be able to thank you for everything you've for me." I hugged her but let her go when I hear her sniffing.

"What's wrong." I asked in concern. "Nothing I'm just happy that I might have grandchildren from Ryder." I choked on my own siliva. "What! Kids! Isn't... Isn't too early like a lot too early maybe like a whole 10 years too early to be thinking about that kind of stuff."

"Never too early, never too late." Candice says while putting away her makeup supplies in her bag. "I just mean I knew my son was, as you say, whoring around. So I didn't think he would ever settle down and give some grandchildren... ever."

"I'm not saying to jump his bones the moment you leave. All I'm saying is that practice makes perfect." Is she serious. Like 100% serious. "Candice I don't think we are ready for that sort of thing." I felt really uncomfortable having this conversation with my boyfriend's mother.

"Good! Glad to know you aren't like those other girls. Just wanting my son for sex." My eyes widened. "It was a test sweetie, you passed. I won't want a slut for a daughter-in-law." She said as she left the room.

"Marriage is also too soon for us!" I yell behind her. God! I look at my phone and see a text from Ryder.

I'm downstairs waiting for my angel to arrive. Take your time.

I smile at the text and look in the mirror and sigh. "As good as it's gonna get." I shrug to myself and start walking down the stairs.

Half way don't I'm blinded with multiple flashes. "They grow up so fast." I hear Candice say. I try to continue going down the stairs with my eyes being continuously blinded by that damn camera. I feel an arm go around my waist and a familiar warmth hugs me.

"You look like an angel but you're making me have devilish thoughts." I immediately blush while moving away from his touch going down the stairs myself. Candice has this look on her face as if knowing what just happened.

"Good girl." She gives me a nudge while I see a very confused Ryder looking to and fro me and his mother.

With one last blinding flash from Candice we are pushed out the door. "NO SEX! Grandkids yes! Not now!" We hear Ryder's mom yell as we enter the limo.

Yeah, limo. Ryder really went all out.

"Ready, angel?" I nod. "As I will ever be." I give him a smile while he holds my hand and tries to kiss it but I snatch my hand back before he can. He gives me a look but I smile back at him and he drops it.

Dammit Candice.

A/N
*nervous laughter* umm hi.
I must apologize for my absence but umm ... I have no excuse :)
Oh! And hi to all the new humans reading this story( don't know why you're reading this when there's better books but..) !

Later Loves ❤️