Walk

Wow, 78 views already?! Holy cow!! Thanks so much!!
--

With every step I take, I become increasingly aware of Bill's hand in mine.

With every branch I hear snap, I bird I hear chirp, every squirrel that scurries across the road, I become increasingly aware of Bill Cipher, hand holding mine so tightly, swaying slightly, back and forth with an easy rhythm.

It bothers me that I am not particularly upset by this. He ruined my life. Forced my hand. And here I am, waking in the woods with him, who I actually find kind of attractive, and I'm holding his dang hand. Ugh. Kill me now.

"What did you want, William Cipher?" (Yes. His full name is William.)

"Whoa-ho! What's with the formalities? Using my given name! C'mon! We used to have fun, you and I."

"Yeah, well, you messed things up. Besides, I know how you are. You weren't my friend. You were just using me like you used Ford."

I let go of his hand, pulling my arms into my chest, I feel a pang of regret. I miss the warmth of his hand already.

His face flames up. "No! That's not true!!"

I quirk an eyebrow at him.

"Well, you see, you were the only one who actually did bad stuff with me..."

I roll my eyes and facepalm. "Bill, the worst thing we did was charged as 'vandalism', and the people who owned the building kept it up because they thought it looked nice."

"I wanted to rob a bank, but you said no."

"Well, I couldn't let you have all the fun," I sigh, getting aggrivated quickly with Bill.

Bill frowns. "What seems to ve the problem, Doll?" He lifts my chin with his finger, forcing me to look at him.

Even though his concern seems genuine, I am a woman, and I am holding a grudge. Just because he's swave doesn't mean he's forgiven. So I smack his hand away.

He looks hurt for a moment, byt his signature physcopathic grin replaces his look not a moment later.

"C'mon, I thought we were pals!"

"Shut up William. You're making it worse."

"Why are you calling me that?"

"Because I hate you."

"You don't do it infront of the Pines."

"I was being nice and saving your face. If you want, I can go tell Ford your real name."

"No, no that's not necessary."

"I didn't think so."

We walk through the forest a bit longer, in silence. I slip my hand into my pocket, trying to recreate the warmth of Bill's hand.

It's not the same.

I find myself wishing for his warmth, and I take my hand out of my pocket, pulling a sixth grade maneuver, and swing it slightly back and forth, hoping he'll take it.

He doesn't fail me.

I squeeze his hand, finding the ground suddenly very interesting.

He glances at me, smiling, and squeezes my hand back.

Doing that was probably a wosre idea than making a deal with the devil. Great.

----
So I have a great idea for the next chapter, and I'm so excited for you guys to read it, so I'll try to have it done today.