I Don't Trust Him

I sit on the couch, watching Netflix as angrily as one can.

"(Y/n), please!"

"Bill, you should have known right away."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I say.

"Please don't leave me." He frowns.

His words cause a pang of sadness, and I hold my arm out for him.

He scoops me up, pulling me into his lap. "You know I love you."

"Not really..." I mumble, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Woman, look at me." He says in a stern tone and takes my chin so that I look at him. He wipes away my tears. "Look what you've done to me. Look what you've made me. You made me, the mighty Bill Cipher sit here and beg for your forgiveness. You really think I don't love you?"

"I think you are enamored with the human concept of love." I tell him. "Nothing more."

"What do you-"

"I mean you want to see what "love" is like. You've never had it. You don't know what it is."

"But can't I learn?"

"I don't know, can you learn an emotion?"

"I think so."

"Bill. It doesn't make any sense. Look at you. You've even conjured up a human form!"

"If the form bothers you so much, I don't have to stay in it."

"It doesn't bother me. I don't care what form you're in. But I think you're just trying to be a human. Mimicking our ways. You're curious. Not in love."

"Listen to me. I told you. I am not trying to be a human. I am not curious. I already know all. Look." His form begins to wobble and shake, a glowing light. I begin to see his original triangle form appear, but it quickly dissipates and Bill's human form stands before me, eye wide.

"What am I looking at?"

"I can't."

"What?"

"I CANT!!" He begins to panic.

I put my hands on his shoulders. "Bill, you can't what?"

"I can't change back! I can't change back, (Y/n)!!"

"What?? Why not!?"

"ITS YOUR FAULT. I LOVE YOU TOO DAMN MUCH AND NOW IM TOO HUMAN-Y TO CHANGE BACK!"

"...What?"

"You'd better believe me now, girl." He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

I laugh and kiss his cheek. "If that's true, I do."