Chapter 02- Taking Action

02 Taking Action

As time progressed I started to freak out more. I had no phone just a knife. It was only Xavier and I against them all. They knew their way around the house if I tried anything I'm sure they won't hesitate to hurt Xavier and I. They had weapons that could be fired at us at any time I'm not risking my son's life. I looked around the room we were staying at and found nothing that could be used to hurt anyone. There was a loud knock at the door and Juan not so number one walked in.

"Listen you will be staying here for the time being until I figure out how I will handle this situation. You will be staying in this house, you will be kept in this room because I cannot have you two walking around the house you may witness something you wished not to see. Don't try to pull anything you will only make the situation worse for yourself. I don't have a lot of patience so don't get on my bad side. The windows are screwed shut so don't bother trying to open them. I have security cameras all around. I know what is happening 24/7. If you try to pull something I will know before you actually do it. Alejandra will be bringing you some clothes and some for Xavier, the bathroom is that door on the right and the closet is the door to the left," He walked towards the left side of the bed looking at Xavier I got up not knowing what he was going to do and followed him. He lowered his hand and reached for a remote and pressed a couple of buttons and then a tv started to come down from the ceiling. "This will be your only source of entertainment,"

"I want to know when we can leave. I have a job to keep, my apartment to keep, I can't lose them. How am I supposed to provide for my son when I'm here. We can't stay here," I started telling him.

"You're not leaving anytime soon. I have to figure out what I am going to do with you guys. You witnessed something that you shouldn't have seen," He said with his face showing no emotion and his body looked stiff.

"I told you once and I'll tell you again I left before I saw anything happen. I was just throwing trash away to get back doing my job," I told him harshly. "I'm not risking anything you are staying here until I figure out what to do. I'll send someone to get you  dinner is at 7," He turned around and headed for the door.

"Fücking puto," (Bïtch) I whispered harshly as he was walking out the door. "We have to get out of here or else- or else Stephen will think I left him and it will only make our situation worse," I said to myself.

I locked the door and reached in for the knife I had and walked around the room to see where I can hide it. I decided to hide it in the bathroom in between some towels that were in the closet.

I sat on the bed carefully not moving it too much not wanting Xavier to wake up. "What the hell am I going to do?" I asked myself.

There was a knock on the door exactly at seven. The people here are so punctual. Which is kinda weird for me because usually, hispanics are never on time. You tell them to come at six they come at nine this is completely new to me.

"Mami the door," Xavier said as he paused from playing with his toys that were in a bag. He was entertained, he was happy that there was a huge t.v. located in the middle of the room to see SpongeBob SquarePants.  I got up and went to go unlock the door. There entered a girl with a cart containing food. And along with her Alejandra and James walked in with a bunch of bags in their hand. They placed all the bags on the floor and almost tripped when Anthony walked in with a cart full of toys.